Pub Landlord Bottom 5 Tanks

On 5/2/2021 at 12:15 PM, JulianJ said:

I must admit to not necessarily rating his expertise. He's a comedian.  The Chieftain was an actual combat tank commander, and David Fletcher is one of the world's most knowlegeable tank historians. I  may give it a watch though.

He has a degree in modern history from some backwater university in the UK called Oxford.

Al Murray is also a co-host of the We Have Ways of Making You Talk podcast, where they discuss WWII history. Overall it's good, but for someone who's regularly in the public arena, he does have a strong tendency to stutter a lot when making a point. 

I had a quick skim through it. It seemed to be trolling for clicks. The guy may have a degree but so do I. I rate his knowledge about tanks as deep as a puddle. I revise my earlier comment - the guy's a cnut, who isn't advancing our knowledge any. Just the sort of media prat I expected.

7 hours ago, JulianJ said:

the guy's a cnut

King Canute (or Cnut) or not, I think it was a bit tongue in cheek.  Has he ever seen Japanese tanks of the era, or Italian?  I could go on, but would not wish to bore or offend anyone (sorry to our Japanese and Italian friends).

I'm as much a Panther fanboi as anyone, but all he got from me was a raised eyebrow or perhaps some rolling eyes 🙄.

Of course he could stick to pulling pints...