Jump to content

Combat Mission Cold War is now available


Recommended Posts

I would like to have a go at this game's demo version. It's now about 10 days since the Cold Was was released but still no demo on the purchase site.

Any special reason to why Cold War has no demo? Is it maybe supposed to be able for download at a later date?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

Is it maybe supposed to be able for download at a later date?

Yes. I don't know when, but I have played the demo scenario twice so it's a matter of time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BornGinger said:

I would like to have a go at this game's demo version. It's now about 10 days since the Cold Was was released but still no demo on the purchase site.

Any special reason to why Cold War has no demo? Is it maybe supposed to be able for download at a later date?

We have just finalized three candidates, hopefully we will pick one or two and have demo(s) up shortly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, aleader said:

As you can see from my low post count in 21+ years, I don't spend all day on here like many do and use the home page to get my news.

The home page will always be "lates" rather than "news". That is by design and on purpose. First the pre-order people are contacted. Then, usually 8 to 24 hours later a forum post is made. Then, days after that, an announcement is made on the home page. It's a progressive rollout to try and mitigate slow download times. It was even more important with Cold War because Fire and Rubble and it's patch were released within a week of Cold War. Internally we call it a "soft rollout".

It's a feature, not a bug. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, dbsapp said:

Oh, that's much later than I had thought.

Seems like they force me to use super convenient Battlefront store again and pay some extra $.

If you buy through BFC, you get the opportunity to redeem a steam key and have it on that platform as well 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2021 at 8:14 PM, The_Capt said:

We have just finalized three candidates, hopefully we will pick one or two and have demo(s) up shortly.

The words above were written on 10 May. It's now almost a month ago and there's still no demo for this game on the purchase page.

Is Battlefront waiting for the Steam release before a demo is available or are they waiting for something else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

The words above were written on 10 May. It's now almost a month ago and there's still no demo for this game on the purchase page.

Is Battlefront waiting for the Steam release before a demo is available or are they waiting for something else?

Yes. It was decided that the Demo would have the same PBEM functionality as the final wide release (which makes sense) so it is going to have to wait until that whole add-on is incorporated.  Short answer is we are looking at Steam release or shortly there after even though we have scenarios all picked out.

Apologize for inconvenience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BornGinger said:

Thank you for a swift reply. I'll check the purchase page again in about two months' time.

Please do.  Also if you haven't had a chance there are a lot of videos up on YouTube which also show off game play in a lot of detail.  Not a substitute for a good old fashion demo but it might at least provide more info for any interested gamer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GLynn41 said:

I checked on when i bought this game  but have not received it ?  I Got fire and rubble-- and now am awaiting this game-- the hold up is?

Do you mean the physical disk or the download? If you mean the disk they will go out once the new PBEM system is finished. That should be around the same time as the Steam release.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, BFCElvis said:

Do you mean the physical disk or the download? If you mean the disk they will go out once the new PBEM system is finished. That should be around the same time as the Steam release.

Yo i never got my disk and forgot about it. I thought maybe someone stole it in the mail or something lmao. 

Sweet. I am waiting for this.... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Yo i never got my disk and forgot about it. I thought maybe someone stole it in the mail or something lmao. 

Sweet. I am waiting for this.... 

The artwork is done for the DVD sleeve. Wanna see it or be surprised? (Actually...regardless of your answer I probably won't post it before it ships. But I heard a rumor that Bil wants to make a poster out of it. 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Of course I want to be surprised :wub:

Sounds like something good! Rightfully so, this is an important game.

I already want a Stalingrad poster, so you might get me on that one.

Edited by Artkin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Artkin said:

Of course I want to be surprised :wub:

Sounds like something good! Rightfully so, this is an important game.

I already want a Stalingrad poster, so you might get me on that one.

yeah, that sounds like a nice revenue stream.  official BFC posters, mugs, sweatshirts, hats, etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...