CMCW Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Lethaface

I have never seen this before. BMP1 rolling, they hating, they see my M113 hiding behind a building (in ambush with the leader unbuttoned) and not only are the passengers firing on the AT team in the building on the left, the passengers on the other side acquire and shoot down my M113 TC before he can engage with his M2...

H

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 13.09.44.jpg

19 hours ago, Halmbarte said:

I have never seen this before. BMP1 rolling, they hating, they see my M113 hiding behind a building (in ambush with the leader unbuttoned) and not only are the passengers firing on the AT team in the building on the left, the passengers on the other side acquire and shoot down my M113 TC before he can engage with his M2... 

+1.  Very cool. 

2 minutes ago, dbsapp said:

The fame of Richard Yorke provokes them to record new CM videos!

Nice try, hope you will make it. 

I've done this mission a number of times.

Somebody asked to point out 25:20 - my T-62 (1975) get spots and kill the M60A3TTS straight away without it getting a shot off. The first Cav Scout platoon is wiped out fairly quickly with minimal loss.

I screwed up and lost all the tanks in the FSE against the second cav scout platoon though.

Edited by Grey_Fox

Just now, Grey_Fox said:

I've done this mission a number of times. I screwed up and got all the tanks in the FSE killed sadly.

Somebody asked to point out 25:20 - my T-62 (1975) get spots and kill the M60A3TTS straight away without it getting a shot off.

I've completed Soviet campaign once. Want to run it once again after Steam patch. 

It's really hard, and the first mission is one if the easiest.

Just now, dbsapp said:

I've completed Soviet campaign once. Want to run it once again after Steam patch. 

It's really hard, and the first mission is one if the easiest.

I actually think that the second mission is easier than the first. Once you get around the hill on your left flank you are pretty much in cover until you reach the objective areas.

1 minute ago, Grey_Fox said:

I actually think that the second mission is easier than the first. Once you get around the hill on your left flank you are pretty much in cover until you reach the objective areas.

That's right. But the 3rd one is completely broken and insane, I wonder if they fixed it. 

2 hours ago, dbsapp said:

That's right. But the 3rd one is completely broken and insane, I wonder if they fixed it. 

Oh my little puppet of a fallen empire, it may be insane but “broken”, no.  Just because you found it too hard does not mean something is not working; despite what your parents and legions of liberal education may have taught you, the universe does not spin around your experience.

So the Standard Soviet campaign is pretty much “as is”, we did add Tac Air controllers to mission 3, fixing that oversight.  In March or Die, that has been tweaked with respect to VPs to make victory a bit more accessible but maybe still out of reach for your average troll.

The Soviet campaign remains the most difficult of the series but I am delighted to see so much interest in it and a vote of gratitude for all those who are streaming their games.

Edited by The_Capt

Ok I had some time so went and finished off the first scenario:

Interestingly, despite the US force surrendering and having only 22 men remaining, I only got a Major Victory. If you go to the end of the video I go through the objectives list (I have a screenshot but herself is keeping me away from the PC). @The_Capt is this intended?

1 hour ago, Grey_Fox said:

Ok I had some time so went and finished off the first scenario:

Interestingly, despite the US force surrendering and having only 22 men remaining, I only got a Major Victory. If you go to the end of the video I go through the objectives list (I have a screenshot but herself is keeping me away from the PC). @The_Capt is this intended?

Wow, that is an outstanding performance!  So this is a scoring oddity.  We locked the Soviet March or Die campaign so that someone could not simply hit “ceasefire” and get a minor victory (happens with reinforcements and other conditions).  To do that we add a Blue bonus and that is what you are seeing at games end, even though the US is wiped out.  For Greatest Dawn (and a couple others) this means that Major Victory is the highest a player can go but it is a numbers thing for this scenario.  Were we  in a perfect world I could tailor the victory conditions and rescale the victories like we can in campaigns but scenario conditions are locked.

But hey, who cares, your crushed it.  You are going to miss those 7 tanks but you still have plenty more.

4 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

I've just finished streaming mission 2 of the Soviet campaign, will finish the rest of the mission over the course of the next few days: 

I suggest those who claim that sOviEt SpOtTiNg SuX!!! take a look from the 1 hour 14 minute mark.

Careful, you may lose one of your 19 subscribers.