CMCW Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Lethaface

22 minutes ago, Phantom Captain said:

My Dragon team actually connect, twice in a row at 315ms, and both shockingly just splat on the beast's turret.  It gives my infantry that, "ok what now? Like flinging rocks at it." type feeling.  One at least, hopefully, damaged the gunner's sight.

Combat Mission Cold War Screenshot 2021.10.16 - 11.41.55.82.jpg

CMCW in '79 is like fighting the Germans in late WWII.

Except this time the Americans don't have superior numbers on their side while fighting tanks that are pretty immune to frontal hits. Even early TOWs don't reliably kill T64s/72s. 

H

On 10/16/2021 at 1:27 PM, Halmbarte said:

CMCW in '79 is like fighting the Germans in late WWII.

Except this time the Americans don't have superior numbers on their side while fighting tanks that are pretty immune to frontal hits. Even early TOWs don't reliably kill T64s/72s. 

H

I have found that M60's stand a decent chance of significantly degrading T-64's and T-72's even though knocking them out is quite hard. I think something like a Tiger II could just shrug off Sherman rounds, but I am still quite cautious with T-64's.

On 10/18/2021 at 6:13 PM, Chudacabra said:

I have found that M60's stand a decent chance of significantly degrading T-64's and T-72's even though knocking them out is quite hard. I think something like a Tiger II could just shrug off Sherman rounds, but I am still quite cautious with T-64's.

That being said, I am currently playing a PBEM as the Americans and am getting very playing as the Italians in CMFI performance so far.

2 hours ago, dbsapp said:

I'm surprised that I managed to complete "Czechmate" scenario from the second attempt.

Chezhmate1.png

Chezhmate2.png

Chezhmate3.png

Chezhmate4.png

Chezhmate.png

Only played this from the American side so far but I definitely feel that this is one of those scenarios you need to play a second time to fully figure out what's going on. Still, you really smashed the Americans up.

6 hours ago, Codreanu said:

Only played this from the American side so far but I definitely feel that this is one of those scenarios you need to play a second time to fully figure out what's going on. Still, you really smashed the Americans up.

They selected a proper name for the mission - it should be played in a way similar to chess puzzle. 

The map is bottlenecked, so the key is to transport the troops to the other side of the river, kick off enemy infantry at the heights and eliminate tanks and AFV. Only then it is possible to send in the tanks and cross the river (and even then casualties at the bridge were quite high).

I was happy I killed 2 Bradleys with artillery fire and 1 with ATGM. If Soviet 2500m range ATGMs were little more effective it would be much easier. I fired all ATGMs I had (I guess more than 10) and only 1 hit the target. 

Hapless did one of his usually excellent tutorial videos again. This on the M60 series in the game. The opening historical overview might be a tiny bit sloppy (he admitted previously that cold war was not his primary realm of expertise) but the meat of the video is his in-game vehicle tests.