CMCW Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Lethaface

5 minutes ago, benpark said:

I just have Movie Mode and the texture pack for the terrain that was uploaded a few days ago active, and play mostly at ground level (after plotting the big stuff).

Ahh ok. I was watching a friend play a few nights ago (he was streaming) and he also downloaded the texture pack. I think that texture pack actually changes movie mode to use  a different shader effect (as opposed to the stock desaturation of regular movie mode). But I am not sure. 

@37mm is this the case? Not a complaint or anything, just curious. 

That would probably be the case, as the Shader file has numeric values for Red, Green, Blue colors.

If the underlying colors change (the mod has a different set of hues), then the Movie Mode shaders will show a different set of colors than intended. The Shader interpretation remains constant, as it is just a set of coded color values.

Edited by benpark

1 hour ago, IICptMillerII said:

Ahh ok. I was watching a friend play a few nights ago (he was streaming) and he also downloaded the texture pack. I think that texture pack actually changes movie mode to use  a different shader effect (as opposed to the stock desaturation of regular movie mode). But I am not sure. 

@37mm is this the case? Not a complaint or anything, just curious. 

Yeah I've been using @BarbaricCo's movie mode for so long I sometimes forget to mention it (although saying that I've been using movie mode less & less in recent months).

His shaders are part of every modpack I compile to the point that they're defacto part of the ME Effects package.

Edited by 37mm

Just now, 37mm said:

Yeah I've been using @BarbaricCo's movie mode for so long I sometimes forget to mention it (although saying that I've also been using movie mode less & less in recent months).

His shaders are part of every modpack I compile to the point that they're defacto part of the ME Effects package.

Thanks for the clarification!

9 hours ago, JohnO said:

If I may ask this question, what is the difference between FX Shine and Movie Mode from Barbaric

I don't believe there's any difference... "FX shine" was just the name of his movie mode mod packages.

Several years ago I went through all of them & checked out each one in different games... the biggest difference seemed to be how dark the shadows would get (sometimes nearing pitch black).

I ultimately chose his CMBN shaders (not too dark) & mixed them with some odds & ends from his CMFI package & then decided to stick with that.

Remember your training, Corporal!

k9qiYQI.jpg

Corporal did not in fact remember his training. The Dragon ploughed into the street and they received a kindly worded reply delivered by 125mm express mail.

Meanwhile, the rest of the company deploys on a hillside, searching for signs of Ivan.

yC6kHoU.jpg

Good scouting gave us some good warning, allowing us to catch a forward security element by surprise.

5I6mwRm.jpg

4 hours ago, Bufo said:

Yep, arming distances are not implemented, so infantry can actually kill themselves.

RPG-7 doesn't have an arming distance in reality, I believe. It has a plastic cap for a safety, but once you take it off it's live (try not to trip).

1 hour ago, domfluff said:

RPG-7 doesn't have an arming distance in reality, I believe. It has a plastic cap for a safety, but once you take it off it's live (try not to trip).

Of course it has. The VP-7M fuze has an arming distance of 3 - 15 meters.

And nevertheless in my Army I believe it is instructed not to fire it closer than 25 meters (I could be wrong as I do not instruct the RPG).

Edited by Bufo