CMCW Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Lethaface

Just now, IICptMillerII said:

Damn @HerrTom these shots are great! Very atmospheric and aesthetic!

Are all of the effects due to a reshade you use or do you apply some post processing as well?

Thank you!  All in-game, though it's admittedly not very playable with them all added (especially the border!).  I mostly toggle them for screenshots.

I've been tweaking my settings to get better contrast so I can get some nice dark shadows without making the image too dark (like my first couple), and I think I'm nearly where I'd like to be.  One thing that bothers me that (surprisingly) only CM:SF "fixed" was that all of the depth effects show right through the tree foliage since the leaves aren't in the depth buffer. You can see it in the first picture pretty well where the leaves are in focus with whatever geometry is behind them.

2 minutes ago, HerrTom said:

Thank you!  All in-game, though it's admittedly not very playable with them all added (especially the border!).  I mostly toggle them for screenshots.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. Most of the screenshots I take that I want to stylize I after the fact in photoshop. Like here:
FpTta7E.jpg

Being able to toggle a setting on and off for screenshots is a really good idea though!

4 minutes ago, HerrTom said:

One thing that bothers me that (surprisingly) only CM:SF "fixed" was that all of the depth effects show right through the tree foliage since the leaves aren't in the depth buffer. You can see it in the first picture pretty well where the leaves are in focus with whatever geometry is behind them.

Now that you mention it, I do notice it, but to my eye (admittedly not very artistic at all) I don't find it too off putting. 

Btw, I really like the second shot with the BTRs. Very immersive, has a great weight of events feel to it, like the calm before a huge storm. 

use to be some website years back where you could add so many affects to any picture or document you uploaded, can't recall the name but sadly it had to shut down. was so so easy to do, i did some paper work documenting a u boat campaign i was playing once, it was so easy, just up load any picture and insert and place, boom...with all the cool affects etc you'd want..

scan0001 black and white added.jpg

thanks to all for posting here, the pics are fabulous.  Today is my first CMCW battle day -- I hope it rains here enough today so I don't have to waste time going out to cut the grass and do yard work, so far so good.

2 minutes ago, danfrodo said:

thanks to all for posting here, the pics are fabulous.  Today is my first CMCW battle day -- I hope it rains here enough today so I don't have to waste time going out to cut the grass and do yard work, so far so good.

Hope it rains for you so you get a chance to play a lot. Have fun!

T-64s are beasts! This one ate a TOW and kept trucking along.

8KBq0OB.png

Thankfully, Potash Platoon was able to finish it off.

cpRahzW.png

Meanwhile, Sgt Frazier of 2nd Platoon/B Company unloads into defensive positions, ready to hit the Soviets hard!

kf7e9aL.jpg

Edited by HerrTom