CMCW Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Lethaface

2 hours ago, Codreanu said:

Looks great to me, loved seeing that T-72 explode so hard it knocked down the house next to it! Never even knew that was possible.

Yeah that was a sick shot. Should be included in a video showcasing CMCW

Edited by Artkin

4 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

Streaming mission 4 of the commie campaign in cold war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VINI9H2K7_U

Edit: my god this has the potential for all sorts of viciousness.

Hey, great channel but just my two cents. Your video names make it hard to tell which missions you are playing. It would nice to be able to find your Soviet campaign mission 1 video by the name of the video compared to looking at the video preview to see if I recognize the map layout.

18 hours ago, Simcoe said:

Hey, great channel but just my two cents. Your video names make it hard to tell which missions you are playing. It would nice to be able to find your Soviet campaign mission 1 video by the name of the video compared to looking at the video preview to see if I recognize the map layout.

Yeah I get that, but it's a balancing act between a dry, factual title such as "Combat Mission Cold War Soviet Campaign Mission 4 Part 1", and something that might get a click. I kinda like the meme nature of my titles. I think I'll start doing playlists to make things more user-friendly, but then again that does sound like work.

Edited by Grey_Fox

11 hours ago, Halmbarte said:

Never seen this before. I was dropping a 120mm mortar smoke mission on this M901. Apparently a 120mm mortar bomb will penetrate the roof of a M901 and I'm supposing not do the crew too much good. 

https://i.imgur.com/TFR6kh7.jpg

H

Wonder if the engine was modelling the M901's loading hatch as open?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 8:29 PM, Simcoe said:

That shot with the M60 really highlights how terrifying a tank would be in real life (never had the chance to see one yet). I could only imagine the balls of someone taking out a tank with an RPG/Bazooka/etc at close range.

A tank unaccompanied by infantry should be the unit that in danger. Modern infantry can wreck tanks from the top, rear, or sides and the tank crew have very poor situational awareness. 

You can see that starting in the Western European campaigns in 1944/45. Tanks can't just roll over infantry anymore as the infantry has PIATs, bazookas, Panzerschrecks, and Panzerfausts and just kills the tanks.

And the Soviet RPG is a better weapon than any of those and every squad has one. 

H

I am fighting my way through US 1982 campaign.  This is a brilliant, challenging, and highly enjoyable campaign.  The author(s?) are talented and clearly put a lot of thought and sweat into this.  They authors are also the spawn of Satan as they keep throwing nasty surprises at me that have a bad habit of unhinging all my plans. 

Battle #6, I think it was.  US attack into soviet rear area w M60s & sheridans.  Nice roads in middle of map, to use the hilly, wooded flanks one has risk of throwing tracks.  I initially chose to go right & left but then chose just one flank, won't way which so I don't give spoilers.  I figure I've got the soviets completely outflanked and it's gonna be a turkey shoot.  Then, right where they absolutely should not be, are a platoon of soviet tanks, here in the middle of nowhere.  A sharp, violent fight ensues:

To quote from Saving Private Ryan halftrack in the field scene "who's doing the shootin'???"

P3rVaWY.jpg

Here's that area a couple minutes later.  Multiple hits on this tank but no joy, though he's backing away and might be damaged.

6XEOQdw.png

The scene from the US side.  I'm losing armor but so is he.  My sheridans are outmatched but the M60s are doing OK

NAR8C3q.png

R56QwHD.jpg

Multiple 'splashes' on the front armor from LAWs & sheridans, but he's still in the fight.  Hard to see in this pic.

QvDfPsn.png

Aftermath: a lot of US & soviet tax payer dollars turned to scrap.  I finally wiped out the platoon, losing several tanks and some infantry.  But I have plenty to continue into the enemy rear flank positions and it's party time!!  Ended up w a major victory, didn't realize there were lots of juicy targets just outside of the town I could've smashed, probably gotten a total victory.  But good enough to move on.

uVjEWMi.png

On to giant defensive battle #7.  I was doing OK until I got hit w big surprise, now scrambling.  If I am down to infantry and tanks in the woods I think we can all safely say I am in deep trouble.  One flank OK, other is desperate.  nearly all reserves committed.  Also, because I am so smart, I moved a pile of mines from the default setup area to another area.  And guess where the crisis is coming?  Right where the mines used to be.  Fortunately I might not have to live with that bad decision for very long.  It looks bad.

This looks like one of those WW2 german Signal magazine propaganda photos of the heroic troops manning trenches against the soviet horde.  I think they are really scared.  And yes, I have to use the M113s as fighting vehicles at this point.  Hopefully soviets enter my hasty MLR piecemeal and the multitude of targets will mean some of my AT assets will be able to engage unmolested.

B4hnIQ5.jpg

Arty observers running for their lives!

PGQaBlZ.jpg

The vigil in the forest.  Gonna be an ugly fight. 

BMumoQY.jpg

Meanwhile, on the other flank, my remaining M60 is have a turkey shoot

zNhRwml.jpg

rw6wqPr.png

Well, wife is outta town, I gotta get this battle wrapped up while I've got the time.  I don't know how this whole thing will shake out but I've got a solid chance if the travel through the woods manages to bring soviets in piecemeal.