CMCW Unofficial Screenshot And Video Thread

Lethaface

3 hours ago, Grey_Fox said:

What's not to like? They have big missiles and huge windows with hatches which are great at spotting.

Mine seem to be crewed from the Moscow Institute for the Blind. I guess there are no deferments to doing your conscript 2 year service. 

Maybe if they issued the ATGM vehicles with seeing eye dogs...

H

1 hour ago, Halmbarte said:

Mine seem to be crewed from the Moscow Institute for the Blind. I guess there are no deferments to doing your conscript 2 year service. 

Maybe if they issued the ATGM vehicles with seeing eye dogs...

H

Well, like I said, if you watch the video 3 of my ATGM BRDMs and a BMP get spots on the M60s almost instantly and kill them in the same turn. In the previous mission the ATGM BRDM attached to the FSE spotted and knocked out an M901 the first turn it appeared on the map.

The previous times I've played both of those missions I've always been happy with their performance.

In a recent PBEM one of my Shturms killed an M60A3TTS and an M901.

Edited by Grey_Fox

50 minutes ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

some more screenshots and details? At least the "march or die" edition was fixed and play tested.

It's still dozen of mostly "green" t-62 with BTR-80 in the open field surrounded by veteran Bradleys and M60TTS hidden in the trees on the hills from all sides. 

Artillery is quite limited and as always in CM games practically useless against AFVs. 

I would say that the previous version was somehow better, because you had forward observer team from the start who could call big arty strikes. Now they changed it for Air Controller who can call two Migs that barely scratch the enemy. Half of the times Migs attacked my own units, good thing that their cluster bombs are so impotent that they even couldn't kill my light BTRs. 

I managed to destroy most of the Bradleys at the hill right in front of the spawning units, so my reinforcements arrive intact. But it's really problematic to move them to the extraction zone. The arrival of M60TTS from the right side makes the whole thing quite grotesque.

I tried infantry attacks, but 1) my men become exausted after 100 meters 2) they are easily spotted by great and powerful and almighty thermals that are equipped on Bradleys and M60s. 

This is the same thing that happened to me on the first playthrough. After first and second missions you think "ok, it could be fun", but the 3rd mission makes you think that the whole story is a prunk. 

Actually, the 4, 5 and 6 missions are quite ok as well. 

Edited by dbsapp

7 hours ago, dbsapp said:

It's still dozen of mostly "green" t-62 with BTR-80 in the open field surrounded by veteran Bradleys and M60TTS hidden in the trees on the hills from all sides. 

Oh dbsapp you really are the Pvt Sad Sack of CMCW.

Let's see how Grey_Fox does as he is really acing the campaign so far.  Msn 3 is tough, maybe the toughest of the campaign.  You have the lowliest MRB of the MRR up against stacked odds.  Good news is that on the Standard Campaign if you lose you still get a shot at Msn 4.  And on March or Die we did tweak it.

16 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Let's see how Grey_Fox does as he is really acing the campaign so far.  Msn 3 is tough, maybe the toughest of the campaign.  You have the lowliest MRB of the MRR up against stacked odds.  Good news is that on the Standard Campaign if you lose you still get a shot at Msn 4.  And on March or Die we did tweak it.

Maybe you missed the part where Dbsapp killed more than twice what Grey_fox killed? 

Edited by Artkin

6 minutes ago, Artkin said:

Maybe you missed the part where Dbsapp killed more than twice what Grey_fox killed? 

Soviet objective so far haven't had anything to do with killing the enemy - it's all about pushing past the opposition and seizing key terrain.

The US tank platoons in the rear were in mutually supporting positions. Fighting them would have risked getting into a fair fight, which only fools do.

Doctrinally I did the right thing - preserved my forces and reached the objective. Follow on echelons are the ones that mop up.

I don't want to criticize how another person plays a game, but it looks like Dbsapp lost about a third of their BMPs and half of their tank force.

Edited by Grey_Fox

26 minutes ago, The_Capt said:

Presenting good results is only a matter of save scumming, it doesn't prove anything.

6 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

Soviet objective so far haven't had anything to do with killing the enemy - it's all about pushing past the opposition and seizing key terrain.

The US tank platoons in the rear were in mutually supporting positions. Fighting them would have risked getting into a fair fight, which only fools do.

Doctrinally I did the right thing - preserved my forces and reached the objective. Follow on echelons are the ones that mop up.

I don't want to criticize how another person plays a game, but it looks like Dbsapp lost about a third of their BMPs and half of their tank force.

Wasn't trying to diss you, sorry. Just not sure why people are taking shots at each other here. 

Do the US forces not roll over into the following missions?

Ok, ok, everyone settle down.  My shot at dpsapps was more tongue in cheek because we have a long history with each other.  Sad Sack as in attitude, not performance to be clear.

This has no connection to GFs performance, which is pretty well done from my point of view, and I designed and built the campaign (warts and all).  Now Everybody Love Everybody.

3 hours ago, Artkin said:

Thank you, Artkin!👍

3 hours ago, Bufo said:

Presenting good results is only a matter of save scumming, it doesn't prove anything

I savescummed couple of times during the playthrough 😂 really admire the guys who can do the mission on one single attempt without reloading, in this regard @Grey_Fox doing a great job.

3 hours ago, The_Capt said:

My shot at dpsapps was more tongue in cheek because we have a long history with each other.  Sad Sack as in attitude, not performance to be clear.

It's you who made me this way!😉

3 hours ago, The_Capt said:

Now Everybody Love Everybody.

That's true, sweeties!

God I do love those ATGM BRDMs. Worth their weight in gold so they are.

And I really did outdo myself with that title card.

For those who haven't watched it yet, you absolutely should. First wave is in, lost 3 T62s, 5BTRs and 1 ATGM BRDM. In return have knocked out 3 Bradleys that I know of, and 1 was forced out of position by a non-penetrating hit.

Edited by Grey_Fox

46 minutes ago, Grey_Fox said:

God I do love those ATGM BRDMs. Worth their weight in gold so they are.

And I really did outdo myself with that title card.

For those who haven't watched it yet, you absolutely should. First wave is in, lost 3 T62s, 5BTRs and 1 ATGM BRDM. In return have knocked out 3 Bradleys that I know of, and 1 was forced out of position by a non-penetrating hit.

Ok, ok, ok...you inspired me.  Finally starting and sticking to the Soviet Campaign!  

Some screenshots from a PBEM I finished up.

Combat-Mission-Cold-War-Screenshot-2021-B Troop infantry take out a BRDM-2, they end up picking off a pretty significant amount of them in the first stages of the battle but in the long run it gives away their positions and uses up precious Dragon rounds.

Combat-Mission-Cold-War-Screenshot-2021-

After a long preparatory bombardment, a thick curtain of smoke is dropped and the lead elements of the first infantry company swim across the river. My M60s and Dragons get quite a few but they can only get keyhole shots through the smoke.

Artillery dropping on a section of 100mm anti-tank guns set up on a road on the far side of the river.

Despite the good half-dozen BMPs either sinking in the river or burning on the banks, Soviet infantry press on. My M60s take a serious beating and I lose 3 in one turn and don't really have the manpower or firepower to counterattack and push the Soviets back across the river so I hit surrender after a few more minutes. Good decision because there was another entire company in transit across the river and what looks like another company in reserve.

It was a tough but very fun fight despite getting my butt kicked. The smoke barrage on my side of the river was what really did me in, I think, my opponent was able to mass his entire force at one small point in the crossing and I couldn't deliver any flanking fire across the river due to the smoke.

10 hours ago, Codreanu said:

Combat-Mission-Cold-War-Screenshot-2021-B Troop infantry take out a BRDM-2, they end up picking off a pretty significant amount of them in the first stages of the battle but in the long run it gives away their positions and uses up precious Dragon rounds.

After a long preparatory bombardment, a thick curtain of smoke is dropped and the lead elements of the first infantry company swim across the river. My M60s and Dragons get quite a few but they can only get keyhole shots through the smoke.

Artillery dropping on a section of 100mm anti-tank guns set up on a road on the far side of the river.

Despite the good half-dozen BMPs either sinking in the river or burning on the banks, Soviet infantry press on. My M60s take a serious beating and I lose 3 in one turn and don't really have the manpower or firepower to counterattack and push the Soviets back across the river so I hit surrender after a few more minutes. Good decision because there was another entire company in transit across the river and what looks like another company in reserve.

It was a tough but very fun fight despite getting my butt kicked. The smoke barrage on my side of the river was what really did me in, I think, my opponent was able to mass his entire force at one small point in the crossing and I couldn't deliver any flanking fire across the river due to the smoke.

Great shots!

14 hours ago, Codreanu said:

Nice pics!