Mac: installer can't be checked for malicious software

This is always true of every CM download. Go to System Preferences and tell it to "Open Anyway". You should get another window with two choices "Open" or "Cancel"  Cancel is the default so be sure to click on Open 

Or, another way is to right click on the Installer/game icon and select Open. That bypasses this first warning. You'll then at some point (after it churns a bit) get the Open or Cancel dialog. 

This is only the first time. After that it will always start right up.

Dave

4 hours ago, Able Archer said:

yeah, got it working. But it's annoying, and bypassing security features doesn't feel right.

BF doesn't go for Apple's approved developer status (or whatever it's called). Steve I believe has said it's too cumbersome. This isn't the only software I have that is like this. Typically very small developers or one man shops (some of the others of mine are astronomy apps) who interact very directly with their community, so trustable.

Dave

1 hour ago, Ultradave said:

BF doesn't go for Apple's approved developer status (or whatever it's called). Steve I believe has said it's too cumbersome. This isn't the only software I have that is like this. Typically very small developers or one man shops (some of the others of mine are astronomy apps) who interact very directly with their community, so trustable.

I had this issue with a lot of small developers of sound plugins. But one after another they bite the bullet and get credentials recently. Maybe Apple made it easier?