Good German voices

hm... would rather say the contrary. Some are ok, many others are candidates for replacing, mildly said. Quite particularly those that came with CMX1 already. Sound like they were recorded in the living room and german command language was... very different. Some the more trivial voice file trigger events left aside for now.

22 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Soon, I will present some with differents German regions accents, cutted from movies, and real documentar !

not what I meant actually. From POV of non german native speaker it likely doesn´t all matter anyway. This could become a comedy version at best if suiting that taste. Btw... movies and documentaries do it equally wrong in almost all cases. When it comes to actual phrases and (command) language, there is an example below. So if redoing audio files one also got to consider certain sonic qualities, like reverb less base recording and a not in your face news caster sound. This can be achieved with some simple tricks and some base equipment (headset, microphone and apps like Audacity) at home. I already did btw.

9 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

not what I meant actually. From POV of non german native speaker it likely doesn´t all matter anyway. This could become a comedy version at best if suiting that taste. Btw... movies and documentaries do it equally wrong in almost all cases. When it comes to actual phrases and (command) language, there is an example below. So if redoing audio files one also got to consider certain sonic qualities, like reverb less base recording and a not in your face news caster sound. This can be achieved with some simple tricks and some base equipment (headset, microphone and apps like Audacity) at home. I already did btw.

I use already Audacity and have some good records, but I use also some like these movie, difficult sometime to avoid some backgrounds... so I want only help, if the members prefers some original versions, I can do it,...  I will put some in my corners, soon just to try it  feel you free to test it !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

31 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

I use already Audacity and have some good records, but I use also some like these movie, difficult sometime to avoid some backgrounds... so I want only help, if the members prefers some original versions, I can do it,...  I will put some in my corners, soon just to try it  feel you free to test it !

JM

I´d surely give it a listen. At last doing original voice recording would be the easier alternative. Just need good native german speakers and something meaningfull to yell into the microphone. 😁 With right recording techniques off course. Just did some test recordings and now will see how things match with stock files. I´m used to hear my recorded voice from past music projects, but still should be funny hearing myself in the game. 😄

5 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I´d surely give it a listen. At last doing original voice recording would be the easier alternative. Just need good native german speakers and something meaningfull to yell into the microphone. 😁 With right recording techniques off course. Just did some test recordings and now will see how things match with stock files. I´m used to hear my recorded voice from past music projects, but still should be funny hearing myself in the game. 😄

Well is nice to do it yourself you learn about you, let us listen to you, just kidding ;), but me I prefer have differents ton differents sounds and differents intonations if I can say this !

this is why I try to have it from a movie or documentar, like I said I will give an overview of some, this will depend the opinion of members, if I have to make a mod or not !

For exemple for CMCW news modules that BFC can created with west east germany I will have two german voices in the game !

But I think that the British, will be in the first module, perhaps with the eastern germany, British follow always the USA, so I guess in game as well !

JM  

1 hour ago, JM Stuff said:

Well is nice to do it yourself you learn about you, let us listen to you, just kidding ;), but me I prefer have differents ton differents sounds and differents intonations if I can say this !

this is why I try to have it from a movie or documentar, like I said I will give an overview of some, this will depend the opinion of members, if I have to make a mod or not !

For exemple for CMCW news modules that BFC can created with west east germany I will have two german voices in the game !

But I think that the British, will be in the first module, perhaps with the eastern germany, British follow always the USA, so I guess in game as well !

JM  

Lol 😄 Just inserted some my own voice files in "quick move" category and they merged quite well with files I left in.

Yes, it´s a matter of taste at last. Beeing native german speaker and doing lots of detail research on WW2 command phrases gives a different view off course. English (or russian etc) speakers surely share a similar view on related voice file sets, not even regarding different local tongues. But there´s many possibilities with countless free slots and mod tagging as well. 😎

3 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

not in your face news caster sound.

For non-native speakers it is all nice and clear. I know what you mean, listening to Dutch newsreels of the period it is different from what my parents used to speak.