M43 cap replacement for sidecap and crusher cap

Hello everyone,

I've replaced the crusher cap and the sidecap models with the new M43 cap introduced with F&R. I've also made some changes to the model itself so it looks a bit closer to the real thing, and adjusted some textures as well as introducing new ones. The ones replacing the crusher cap will have officer piping. I've also made Gebirgsjager and Kriegsmarine Coastal Artillery variants.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/dxvqzyvmoizgjy5/zzzzM43_cap.rar/file

e131c339e0.png

3bae13c225.png

Drop it in the Data/Z folder. You can remove the parts you don't want, and it should work with the other WW2 games.

Enjoy.

Edited by Frenchy56

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone done this so the senior German officer peaked cap (e.g. battalion CO) uses the M43? 

I'm seeing some odd texture issues with the battalion CO who is still wearing their peaked officers cap.

Lower officer ranks e.g. company COs and tank tan COs are wearing the M43 fine and its excellent - cheers ta :)

4 hours ago, George MC said:

Has anyone done this so the senior German officer peaked cap (e.g. battalion CO) uses the M43? 

I'm seeing some odd texture issues with the battalion CO who is still wearing their peaked officers cap.

Lower officer ranks e.g. company COs and tank tan COs are wearing the M43 fine and its excellent - cheers ta :)

I'm sure someone did, in fact didn't Frenchy include some in his mod?

Your issue may be because you have more officer caps textures (from an earlier mod perhaps) than M43 textures to replace them, or you may need to duplicate the M43 bmps and mdr and rename them to replace the officers peaked cap model ...

5 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

I'm sure someone did, in fact didn't Frenchy include some in his mod?

Your issue may be because you have more officer caps textures (from an earlier mod perhaps) than M43 textures to replace them, or you may need to duplicate the M43 bmps and mdr and rename them to replace the officers peaked cap model ...

Doh! Ah cool. I had thought I’d removed other uniform mods. I’ll double check. Thx for the info. 
Cheery!

George, the skeleton for the hats need to be changed. The skeletons for the thing you want to change another thing into (peaked cap into M43) need to be renamed like the skeletons for the thing you want to change...let me try that again...M43 skeletons need to be renamed using the peaked cap skeleton names.   So when the game goes and looks for the peaked cap portion of the senior officer model, it will grab the skeleton files that are named "peaked cap.mdr" or whatever it is, and put it on the model. It won't know it's not the peaked cap skeleton.* The M43 bmp needs to be renamed to the same as the peaked cap, too, but you already did that so you're halfway there!

*I always have to think this through, because for some reason it is not intuitive to me.  I have to think of it as camouflage: since there is no M43 associated with the senior officer uniform in the game, it will never find/grab anything with that name on it to put on the model. Hence, renaming the M43 stuff as if it were the peaked cap stuff. 

2 hours ago, George MC said:

Any modding experts know how to change the peaked cap for the German senior officer I. E. the battalion commander please?

I tried amending the hat file name but just ended up with the M43 texture wrapped the peaked hat. Ta muchly!

If you haven't made your own yet following Mr Kerner's instructions, then I believe this is what you want sir:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/180zpPMU6iOuHznUhFtPekEgQFdZgzy6I/view?usp=sharing

You will still need to install Frenchy56's mod since all the Panzer/Stug crews have crusher hats so far as I can see, which he's already provided for. My little renaming exercise is JUST for the big-wig peaked hats. If you want any without piping just copy and paste the peaked hat names to some duplicated all other ranks style m43s. If you want even more variety then you can duplicate more files and add version numbers like so: 

smod_german_hat-peaked 2.bmp,

smod_german_hat-peaked 2_normal map.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 3.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 3_normal map.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 4.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 4_normal map.bmp

Just watch out where the spaces are and where the number goes on the normal maps. Also note you won't need extra .mdr files to match these since they all use the same root file. Only seems to be the Gebirgsjager that get a separate set of .mdr files.

All credit/thanks to @Frenchy56 for his originals

7 hours ago, Lucky_Strike said:

If you haven't made your own yet following Mr Kerner's instructions, then I believe this is what you want sir:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/180zpPMU6iOuHznUhFtPekEgQFdZgzy6I/view?usp=sharing

You will still need to install Frenchy56's mod since all the Panzer/Stug crews have crusher hats so far as I can see, which he's already provided for. My little renaming exercise is JUST for the big-wig peaked hats. If you want any without piping just copy and paste the peaked hat names to some duplicated all other ranks style m43s. If you want even more variety then you can duplicate more files and add version numbers like so: 

smod_german_hat-peaked 2.bmp,

smod_german_hat-peaked 2_normal map.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 3.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 3_normal map.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 4.bmp

smod_german_hat-peaked 4_normal map.bmp

Just watch out where the spaces are and where the number goes on the normal maps. Also note you won't need extra .mdr files to match these since they all use the same root file. Only seems to be the Gebirgsjager that get a separate set of .mdr files.

All credit/thanks to @Frenchy56 for his originals

Brilliant - thank you very much :) Oh and my thanks to @mjkerner for the advice on how this is done also. Oh and to @Frenchy56for the originals.

I installed your files @Lucky_Strike and all works swimmingly! Thank you.

I did manage to work out how to rename the smock for the heid bummer in the outfit, so defo looks lot more "combaty" and less like a target!

Cheers guys for the help - much appreciated thank you.

Cheery!

RVSxViT.jpg

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

Is this a replacement or addition to the earlier "M43 cap" mod dated 4/28/21?  

Like George says, It's an addition to Frenchy56's excellent caps, just grab it and drop it in with his and everyone should be wearing nice Feldmutzes. It's an either or mod, you either have these or you stick with the traditional peaked officer hats. Unfortunately there's no way to have variety so far as I can tell.