Youtube battles are starting to drop

MikeyD

Some of the YT games I said some do us a disservice. Clickfest on RTS mode. If someone enjoys it good luck but it doesn't make a good advertisement for BF. If you would watch my games people probably fall asleep, besides I wouldn't know how to make an AAR. 

44 minutes ago, AlanSA said:

Watched all those videos above and enjoyed them all. Naturally there's going to be content that's below par or simply doesn't appeal to you personally. Note sure why that fact would be noteworthy

Sorry, it didn't know that any opinion contrary to yours had been made illegal. Most remiss of me.

I find it interesting watching different play styles. From a design POV it's also useful to see how some players might approach a scenario I've designed.

I watched one previous a while back where the person streaming spent around five minutes trying to guess what they were meant to be doing in the mission (in the 3D view) without once checking the Op map, Tac map or the briefing... Like 10 seconds looking at the Op and tac map would have told them the key info. I was, shall we say, puzzled...

My personal preference is watching the videos that have been created using edited footage. I generally find them more engaging and interesting to watch.

Horses for courses though I guess.

Edited by George MC

15 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Sharing a little of the Youtube love.

Thanks for the plug!

3 hours ago, Ultradave said:

That Festung Posen video doesn't give any feel for the absolutely terrifying amount of small arms fire flying in every direction at once. 

(play it - you'll see what I mean).

Good constructive criticism.  I prefer a documentarian style:  long shots at ground level.  You are going to miss certain things (like the sheer amount of lead flying), but I’m willing to sacrifice that for stylistic consistency.  YMMV.

18 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Some of the YT games I said some do us a disservice. Clickfest on RTS mode. If someone enjoys it good luck but it doesn't make a good advertisement for BF. If you would watch my games people probably fall asleep, besides I wouldn't know how to make an AAR. 

How dare they play the game as designed and not pretend it is something that it is not.

Besides, the least realistic thing about Combat Mission is turn-based mode. No one in WW2 had the option to halt time while they considered options.

2 minutes ago, SgtHatred said:

How dare they play the game as designed and not pretend it is something that it is not.

Besides, the least realistic thing about Combat Mission is turn-based mode. No one in WW2 had the option to halt time while they considered options.

Halting time is in CMx2's real time mode.

4 hours ago, Redwolf said:

No one in WW2 had the option to halt time while they considered options.

In WW2 mistakes had consequences and nobody had a bird's eye view of the battlefield.  In RTS can halt time whenever you feel like it and you need to play from camera position4. I bought the game to have fun and realize so did the people who like to play RTS.

On 4/27/2021 at 3:03 AM, chuckdyke said:

besides I wouldn't know how to make an AAR. 

The one called ts4seven does it in a good way in wich he only shows the one minute action so the viewer doesn't have to see him do his movements. That could be an easy way of doing it. And if you wanted to emphasise something you'd just repeat that from the angle or angles you prefer.

The aar which is done with a lot of editing and made to look like a film or documentary is of course more fun to watch but also requires more time. So the ts4seven approach should be the easiest way. 

Edited by BornGinger