Region Germany not available in 1944?

27 minutes ago, weapon2010 said:

So is East Prussia considered Germany ? or just west of it? putting it in the Eastern Europe region. I'm no expert.

That's okay. Well, I would say East Prussia is definitely Germany. Same architecture, especially in the larger towns and cities. Protestant churches like the Immanuel Kirche in Schirwindt, typical German official buildings and so on. A fast google on East Prussian towns like Goldap, Gumbinnen and Königsberg will confirm that.

I also see there aren't really autumn textures for the discolouring autumn trees, but that's okay, since I have a good mod for that, which will hopefully still work.

Edited by Aragorn2002

29 minutes ago, Bubba883XL said:

lol Ive played mission Arbeitslager and it seemed close to autumn

I've checked it and their is no month with discoloured trees. As said, not a real problem, since I have a tag/mod for that.

That only leaves the question why the region Germany is only available in 1945?

3 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

That's okay. Well, I would say East Prussia is definitely Germany. Same architecture, especially in the larger towns and cities. Protestant churches like the Immanuel Kirche in Schirwindt, typical German official buildings and so on. A fast google on East Prussian towns like Goldap, Gumbinnen and Königsberg will confirm that.

I also see there aren't really autumn textures for the discolouring autumn trees, but that's okay, since I have a good mod for that, which will hopefully still work.

It might be because East Prussia and West Prussia were separated by Poland after WWI. If I had to make a geographic determination, I’d put East Prussia in Eastern Europe along with Lithuania. Since CMRT covers the battles from Operation Bagration (sp?) to the battle for Warsaw, which is west of the East Prussia region, I’d expect East Prussia to be covered under the base CMRT.

I can't recall what confines were present for the October/January start date- TO&E, possibly, or the January date being the start of continued, sustained combat within the confines of Germany.

In the meantime use [germany] as your Mod Tag. That should kick everything (buildings, etc) in when you load it, and keep the seasonal stuff.

41 minutes ago, benpark said:

I can't recall what confines were present for the October/January start date- TO&E, possibly, or the January date being the start of continued, sustained combat within the confines of Germany.

In the meantime use [germany] as your Mod Tag. That should kick everything (buildings, etc) in when you load it, and keep the seasonal stuff.

I will do that. Thanks, Benpark.

4 hours ago, Vet 0369 said:

It might be because East Prussia and West Prussia were separated by Poland after WWI. If I had to make a geographic determination, I’d put East Prussia in Eastern Europe along with Lithuania.

Why judge a WW2 situation on how things were after WW2?

Prussia is northern central Europe and was only seen as belonging to eastern Europe because of the so called Iron Curtain which put many central european countries in the cathegory called "East Europe".

I'm pretty sure Polish and Czech people don't consider themselves as eastern europeans but central europeans, just as Austrians never considered themselves as eastern europeans and during the time of the Iron Curtain wasn't seen as part of East Europe although Austria, Czech Rep. and Poland are positioned quite similarly if one draws a line from the Baltic Sea to The Mediterannean.

8 hours ago, weapon2010 said:

So is East Prussia considered Germany ? or just west of it? putting it in the Eastern Europe region. I'm no expert.

Don't EVER, Ever, Ever consider East Prussia part of Eastern Europe...You Heathen :-/

10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I see in the Editor that the region Germany is only available in 1945, although the Red army reached East Prussia in October 1944. Am I right about this and if so, can that please be corrected in a future patch?

I guess they pretty much went with this (map below - Baltic offensive - Wikipedia). Technically you are correct (Goldap Operation: Soviets in the Prussian Heartland - Warfare History Network), but is there a meaningfull difference in the editor with regard to terrain/building features between germany and east europe?

Eastern Front 1943-08 to 1944-12.png

17 hours ago, DesertFox said:

I guess they pretty much went with this (map below - Baltic offensive - Wikipedia). Technically you are correct (Goldap Operation: Soviets in the Prussian Heartland - Warfare History Network), but is there a meaningfull difference in the editor with regard to terrain/building features between germany and east europe?

Eastern Front 1943-08 to 1944-12.png

For buildings most certainly. German buildings look quite different.

26 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Germany proper officially comes into play in the game at the conclusion of the Vistula-Oder offensive which reached it farthest west point on December 31 just a few kilometers from Seelow.

That offensive started in January 1945 actually.

On 4/25/2021 at 8:27 PM, benpark said:

Benpark, can you explain to me how to do that exactly?