Issue with mods F&R

I have just installed Fire and Rubble and I have all Aris’s vehicle mods for CMRT installed. I am now seeing the modded hulls with whitewashed turrets in the game, I have limited knowledge of how such things work but I have exploded the brzs and had a look and as far as I can tell the names haven’t changed other than the tags have been added. I assumed the tagged versions should overwrite the standard hull mods where the game is searching for them?

Any tips would be appreciated. 

MMM

You have to look at your mods.

When there are variations of one texture (blabla-hull 2, blabla-hull 3 etc etc), you have co copy the withewashed version of this texture in your z-folder and make the same ammount of variations of this texture like in your aris-mod.

Huh....was this understandable???

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! What exactly is your question?

- How to see whitewashed vehicles in the game?

or

- How to make the textures?

or

- How to place and name the modified files on your pc?

Someone in the forum made the great work of adjusting all of aris mods, but I don't find the thread....

8 hours ago, Von Richthofen said:

So in laymans terms, how would I go about getting whitewashed hulls or vehicle textures? And then how would one go about copying them into the proper folder with proper variation? Sorry, but I'm quite inexperienced on the mod side of things

Whitewashed vehicles come with the game.  You don't have to mod them only pick the correct conditions to make the stock whitewash textures appear.  Example: In a quick battle pick January and ground condition snow. 

If you want you can use moded textures instead of the stock textures.  Maybe you want a whitewashed texture that has a specific unit marking etc.  Or just a dirty, battle used looking Sherman tank instead of the generally clean look of the stock texture.  Then you would download the mod, generally from CMMODS IV, unzip it and place it in your mods folder. 

CMMODS IV link below:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

5 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Whitewashed vehicles come with the game.  You don't have to mod them only pick the correct conditions to make the stock whitewash textures appear.  Example: In a quick battle pick January and ground condition snow. 

If you want you can use moded textures instead of the stock textures.  Maybe you want a whitewashed texture that has a specific unit marking etc.  Or just a dirty, battle used looking Sherman tank instead of the generally clean look of the stock texture.  Then you would download the mod, generally from CMMODS IV, unzip it and place it in your mods folder. 

CMMODS IV link below:

https://www.thefewgoodmen.com/cm-mod-warehouse/

A lot of the Aris mods have extra turrets, hulls, skirts etc, I've copied the base assets over for these extra so I don't end up with weirdness where part of the vehicle is whitewashed or marked for Berlin but the rest of it isn't.

MMM

1 hour ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

A lot of the Aris mods have extra turrets, hulls, skirts etc, I've copied the base assets over for these extra so I don't end up with weirdness where part of the vehicle is whitewashed or marked for Berlin but the rest of it isn't.

MMM

Tedious but what I did as well.