Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Anyone know how to make a *.mov? See why...

The only way I know to make a .mov file from a 3D file in CM is to output the RGB signal from my monitor into a DVE and then run it into a DVCAM deck, using the DVE to zoom out the little instruction bar at the bottom of the movie. This is a major pain in the butt.

Conceivably the application could talk to the QT API and render a QT clip, but I do not think this is a feature. On Maya and Infini-D you can do this, so it is possible, it may be difficult though.

A stop frame move may be made my stitching together screen captures and running them into a nonlinear editor application, if you are not an NLE user then Imovie is the easiest to learn. Photoshop is a must for this.

you can use various screen capture programs to make movie files for anything (including CM). Some people (don't have the link handy) have made "combat reports" using CM, I'm sure somebody will post a link, the issue with .Mov files vs what people wanted for CM is that MOV only shows a small piece of the action where the Movie files people want for CM would allow you to zone all around like you do now watching the single turn movies.

Sorry for my bad writing I'm in a hurry. Hope this helps.

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki