Installation Clarification of F&R?

trek

I've been perusing the threads here and noticed two replies about the F&R install. One says you need to uninstall CMRT before installing F&R. The other says that uninstalling is NOT necessary as the new install will overwrite the already installed CMRT anyway. Which one or both of these replies is correct? Id' like to know before I DL and install F&R>

2 hours ago, trek said:

I've been perusing the threads here and noticed two replies about the F&R install. One says you need to uninstall CMRT before installing F&R. The other says that uninstalling is NOT necessary as the new install will overwrite the already installed CMRT anyway. Which one or both of these replies is correct? Id' like to know before I DL and install F&R>

I can be your official word (although the other guys are 100% correct). You do not need to uninstall. The new download will overwrite the old one.

I always install over my existing directory without deleting.  However I do keep backups (well most of the time) of my documents folder files.  Now that I have one drive I just make sure that includes my BF my docs folder.  Wish I had done that a week ago.....