Seems like FR finally lowered the halftrack gunners?

32 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

I don't have Fire and Rubble, but I came across this screenshot:

It seems halftrack gunners are now lowered to where they look down the sights of the weapon - as it should be. Can anybody confirm?

ww06vGb.png

The gunner does look down the sights of his weapon, that much can I confirm.

5 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yes, I agree, the better I look the more I doubt the gunner has been lowered. The mg is at the same height as his mouth, which is still somewhat high.

Yes, but I think when he fires, it becomes more or less level with his eyes?

The issue with gunners placed too high is not so much about the general infantry halftracks anymore, but it still plagues some of the other German support halftracks. At least in CMFB. Not sure about FR.

Edited by Bulletpoint

2 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Yes, but I think when he fires, it becomes more or less level with his eyes?

The issue with gunners placed too high is not so much about the general infantry halftracks anymore, but it still plagues some of the other German support halftracks.

Don't think so. He only nods his head for a moment, that's all. The front of his helmet remains on the same level as the upper side of the shield while shooting.

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

No, not yet. I'm in a scenario with only general infantry halftracks (so far). I will check the other support halftracks.

Thanks. For example, I remember that the Stummel has two versions, Ausf. C and D, and one of them has the gunner placed way higher (and more vulnerable) than the other. But the same issue is seen on other supprt halftracks as well (in CMFB at least).

15 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Thanks. For example, I remember that the Stummel has two versions, Ausf. C and D, and one of them has the gunner placed way higher (and more vulnerable) than the other. But the same issue is seen on other supprt halftracks as well (in CMFB at least).

Reinforcements have arrived 🙂 Among them the Stummel Ausf.D. Gunner uses a periscope, so can stay low. It must be Ausf.C. will check than one now.

May I ask why you don't have FR yet? 🙂 Not my business of course, just wondering.

Edited by Aragorn2002

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

May I ask why you don't have FR yet? 🙂 Not my business of course, just wondering.

Because it seems more of the same. While I think the scenarios and campaigns are probably well done and should be enjoyable, I don't think the game brings enough fundamentally new features or fixes to long standing issues. I'd be more interested in a big general patch than new games and expansions at this point.

2 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Because it seems more of the same. While I think the scenarios and campaigns are probably well done and should be enjoyable, I don't think the game brings enough fundamentally new features or fixes to long standing issues. I'd be more interested in a big general patch than new games and expansions at this point.

I see. The Ausf. C gunner stands far too high, but gets low while firing. Strange, since he also has a periscope.

I played Going for a Swim and was going to mention this, but being so new to release I didn't want to say anything. My half-tracks were ambushed and targeted and I was surprised to see the gunners still alive. Before they would have been toast.

I also think I see better textures and I could swear the infantry animations are better, but I haven't play enough or maybe I'm just imagining it.

14 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

I see. The Ausf. C gunner stands far too high, but gets low while firing. Strange, since he also has a periscope.

Disappointing this hasn't been fixed.

Maybe you could try the mortar halftracks out and see if they can now fire all their ammo or if they still stop while they have ammo left and refuse to fire the rest.

Also I'd be interested to see if they now fire at the same speed as mortars deployed outside the halftrack, or if they are still somehow restricted to slow firing speed...

14 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Disappointing this hasn't been fixed.

Maybe you could try the mortar halftracks out and see if they can now fire all their ammo or if they still stop while they have ammo left and refuse to fire the rest.

Also I'd be interested to see if they now fire at the same speed as mortars deployed outside the halftrack, or if they are still somehow restricted to slow firing speed...

I will try the mortar halftracks out sometime in the coming week(s). 

I agree the vulnerable SPW gunner is something that needs to be fixed sooner or later.

I have for some time been annoyed over having the halftrack gunners getting shot what seems very easily. Maybe the reason is that they aren't low down enough and too exposed.

If that is something which should be corrected to have them positioned more correct I hope that will be done in the next patch.