Fire and Rubble module has been released!!

LOL ....waiting 24 more hours I could´ve saved 12 Euro. 😆 Not that it hurts and I see it as investment in CMFB module which will be next purchase to me. Well....major "disappointment" ATM is old german voice files is still in here. While some are acceptable, many others are close to beeing ridiculous. Good old CM1 times. 🙄 Other disappointment, timber-frame roof sides is still standard for modular buildings. You can´t mate 19/20th century city buildings with medieval roofs, right? Off to modding (again) it seems.

Other than that I see a game that covers Stalingrad to Berlin period well. 😎

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

Other disappointment, timber-frame roof sides is still standard for modular buildings. You can´t mate 19/20th century city buildings with medieval roofs, right? Off to modding (again) it seems.

Okay. Just found Benpark´s city buildings in V210c BRZ. So just the "city" tag needs to be added in order to get more realistic (german) modular buildings. Can also be seen in Berlin master maps (city, rubble). Yet need more variations with brownish roof tiles. Bits of cutting and pasting should do it I think. 😎

There is no download for this product! As long as you have an up-to-date installation you already have 100% of the files you need. Check the Base Game's page to see if you're up to date.

So this is wrong by the way.

The up to date version of the base game is currently 2.02, while the downloadable installation for Fire and Rubble is 2.10.
Lemmie guess, the base game patch was supposed to be out at the same time? :D

11 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

The up to date version of the base game is currently 2.02, while the downloadable installation for Fire and Rubble is 2.10.
Lemmie guess, the base game patch was supposed to be out at the same time?

The base game has already the Fire and Rubble files. You need to purchase only the activation keys. Depending on bandwidth you better off doing a fresh download for the latest version. In the version I have now I had to use two activation keys. First time they used this method? 

Edited by chuckdyke
Grammar

38 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

The base game has already the Fire and Rubble files.

Wrong. See above.
Version 210a 210b 210c 210d 210e 210f 210g .brz files are not present in a version 2.02 installation.
It is likely the planned base game patch would have included them, but is delayed.

The README file for the installation download contains patch notes which specify to install over an existing 2.02 installation, and the patch contains the 210 files needed for the module.

You will need to patch your game to 2.10 (when able) or install the patch installer downloadable given to you upon purchase of the module over your existing 2.02 installation to play Fire and Rubble.
If you try to activate with an existing 2.02 installation the activation tool gives you an activation for something called 'Total Destruction' and will not give you any additional content until you install the patch update.

Hope this helps. Seelow Heights looks freakin' awesome BTW.
Might have to make a video about it.

3 minutes ago, General Jack Ripper said:

You will need to patch your game to 2.10 (when able) or install the patch installer downloadable given to you upon purchase of the module over your existing 2.02 installation to play Fire and Rubble.

Too late now to make a screenshot. When I downloaded the basegame all the Fire and Rubble games were dimmed. By purchasing the activation key Fire and Rubble was included. I just started Seelow Heights, the Soviets lack radios compared with just about anybody else. Their FO is the only guy who can call in heavy artillery. So you start with a set piece attack. Kind regards

Just now, chuckdyke said:

Too late now to make a screenshot. When I downloaded the basegame all the Fire and Rubble games were dimmed. By purchasing the activation key Fire and Rubble was included. I just started Seelow Heights, the Soviets lack radios compared with just about anybody else. Their FO is the only guy who can call in heavy artillery. So you start with a set piece attack. Kind regards

So you downloaded a fresh 2.10 installation?

iIA4nHD.jpg

If you have your higher HQ's ride on the regimental command tank they can use the radios on the vehicle, but the rifle troop platoon leaders don't have radios themselves. Those silly soviets.

12 hours ago, aleader said:

I see that the bundle is out now...not June.  I'm thinking along your lines a bit though.  I really have no interest in more urban combat because of the points you make.    

Only a few feature urban combat. There is plenty of wide open space, some of it deep in snow.

Dave

8 hours ago, General Jack Ripper said:

If you have your higher HQ's ride on the regimental command tank they can use the radios on the vehicle

So do the tank riders, you must employ the scouts as runners. Setting up an effective C2 on the attack on Seelow heights is a challenge. It is not a motorized US platoon in BN with two radios on top of the ones in the halftracks. Lend and Lease scout cars are worth their weight in cold in FR. M4 Shermans can call in artillery and air support in FR the Soviets can just watch their Shturmoviks and hope for the best. It is more of a warning not to get close when you see them attacking. 

On 5/1/2021 at 4:44 AM, Bulletpoint said:

If CMFR had shipped with fundamental changes and improvements to infantry pathfinding, urban fighting, and fortifications, I would have been more interested in attacking or defending Berlin.

It did. Both urban infantry pathfinding and remaining in good cover are different than they were in the base CMRT game.

EDIT: I didn't finish my thought.....

If you followed the Beta AAR, particularly my side, you can see the "before" of what I just mentioned. My units would have behaved differently if we'd done the battle with the finished version. 

Edited by BFCElvis

On 5/2/2021 at 12:31 PM, General Jack Ripper said:

Wrong. See above.
Version 210a 210b 210c 210d 210e 210f 210g .brz files are not present in a version 2.02 installation.
It is likely the planned base game patch would have included them, but is delayed.

The README file for the installation download contains patch notes which specify to install over an existing 2.02 installation, and the patch contains the 210 files needed for the module.

If you try to activate with an existing 2.02 installation the activation tool gives you an activation for something called 'Total Destruction' and will not give you any additional content until you install the patch update.

Hope this helps. Seelow Heights looks freakin' awesome BTW.
Might have to make a video about it.

The process for a while has been to release a patch which contains a module's content and update the full game installers at the same time. That is actually what I did today. I released the patch and updated the full game installers to include it.

Because we had the full game installer ready to roll we decided that rather than hold it off for a few days until we release the patch at the same time that we would release the full game installer that included Fire and Rubble content and release the patch a few days later. It was then decided to take another extra couple of days and fix anything that popped up in the FR release. And that is what became available today. If someone has the 2.02 version of the game installed they only need to add the 2.11 patch to be fully up to date. They do not need to have v2.10 installed. 

On 5/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, Ultradave said:

Only a few feature urban combat. There is plenty of wide open space, some of it deep in snow.

Dave

Yah, I'm seeing that now in a few of the videos.  I'm still debating this one or Cold War.  I'm leaning towards Cold War.

I've just bought F&R and was wondering if there are any new sound files included (compared to RT base)? I made a custom sound mod a few years ago which replaced every original sound with another sound (just one, so not like those huge sound mods). So I'd just like to know if there are any new sounds in the module to replace or if they're exactly the same as in the base game.

1 hour ago, canuck97 said:

I've just bought F&R and was wondering if there are any new sound files included (compared to RT base)? I made a custom sound mod a few years ago which replaced every original sound with another sound (just one, so not like those huge sound mods). So I'd just like to know if there are any new sounds in the module to replace or if they're exactly the same as in the base game.

There are only these two wav files in the new archives:

red thunder v210a\sound\air mg151-20 750 4000.wav

red thunder v210a\sound\gun 6mm italian.wav

On 5/3/2021 at 4:26 PM, BFCElvis said:

The process for a while has been to release a patch which contains a module's content and update the full game installers at the same time. That is actually what I did today. I released the patch and updated the full game installers to include it.

That's what I figured, but what I don't understand is why you make Base Game owners download all that extra data if they don't own the module? Most people don't have data limits anymore on wired internet, but those that do might get a little sore at downloading several gigabytes of data they cannot use.

• 7 months later...

Do you have a particular question to answer or do you need to look at the whole thing?  Providing the whole manual might be better coming from Elvis or at least with his say-so.

EDIT: I see your post in the other thread so ignore the above.

Edited by Vacilllator

• 2 weeks later...