Mit Karacho!

Some of us shamelessly promote ourselves in the designer notes and I was pretty sure George had done so with his.  Mine's Zitzewitz which is something I knocked up as what I call a filler really - I wanted to do a fairly simple scenario that captured the desperate days for the Germans.  I wouldn't say it was my best work and not in George's league but it went down well with the testers I think mainly due to the narrative more than anything else.  My showpiece scenario, Peiper at Parkany, regrettably never made the cut due to huge testing issues and crashes but I'll stick it on the Scenario Depot at some point.

10 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Some of us shamelessly promote ourselves in the designer notes and I was pretty sure George had done so with his.  Mine's Zitzewitz which is something I knocked up as what I call a filler really - I wanted to do a fairly simple scenario that captured the desperate days for the Germans.  I wouldn't say it was my best work and not in George's league but it went down well with the testers I think mainly due to the narrative more than anything else.  My showpiece scenario, Peiper at Parkany, regrettably never made the cut due to huge testing issues and crashes but I'll stick it on the Scenario Depot at some point.

Great to hear! I will check out your Zitzewitz scenario too.

George didn't 'sign' his scenario (I think), but mentioned something about Scots/English, so that's practically the same. 😀

Edited by Aragorn2002

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

George didn't 'sign' his scenario (I think), but mentioned something about Scots/English, so that's practically the same. 😀

Yes I was the translator for his briefings.  I hope you enjoy Zitzewitz - I don't think it is a fine example of advanced scenario design if you are looking for AI tips - there are no triggers in there at all but it is worth a look for the basic mechanics.  The strengths of that one are the map and the narrative.

6 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Yes I was the translator for his briefings.  I hope you enjoy Zitzewitz - I don't think it is a fine example of advanced scenario design if you are looking for AI tips - there are no triggers in there at all but it is worth a look for the basic mechanics.  The strengths of that one are the map and the narrative.

59 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Great map! I will definitely use that for some self created battles.

In the meantime I'm also looking forward to your Peiper scenario. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

10 hours ago, Aragorn2002 said:

George also did Feireband, which is also good from both sides.

Dave

Just now, weapon2010 said:

I changed the ground conditions to dry to see if the winter camo would default back

You need to go into the Unit part of the Editor, and change the unit "Appearance: to whatever you want to see. If it is the vehicles, that's probably a Mod Tag- you can clear that from the Editor as well.

When you restart, the scenario should be without camo/whitewash.

15 hours ago, Combatintman said:

Peiper at Parkany, regrettably never made the cut due to huge testing issues and crashes

What were the issues and the reason for it to cause crashes? Is the scenario on a huge map with several battalions of infantry which some computers couldn't manage very well?

7 hours ago, BornGinger said:

What were the issues and the reason for it to cause crashes? Is the scenario on a huge map with several battalions of infantry which some computers couldn't manage very well?

Along those lines ... in all likelihood it will work now as the debugger in the Beta builds requires more oomph than the final title, I'll give it a spin with the released title at some point.  The map is big but not as big as some but there are about five battalion equivalents in the scenario.

22 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Along those lines ... in all likelihood it will work now as the debugger in the Beta builds requires more oomph than the final title, I'll give it a spin with the released title at some point.  The map is big but not as big as some but there are about five battalion equivalents in the scenario.

Woow. 

On 4/24/2021 at 2:01 PM, Aragorn2002 said:

I hesitate to highlight just one scenario, since they all look smashing, but I pressume this is one of your master pieces, George?

Sorry bud overlooked this one! My apologies!

Aye it's one of mine. Started out life as test scenario whilst i played about with stuff and evolved from there! Thank you - glad you like it. 

On 4/25/2021 at 8:16 AM, Combatintman said:

Ha! Ha! Aye.. Richt aye! :)

Your translating skillz are much appreciated ta!

2 hours ago, George MC said:

Sorry bud overlooked this one! My apologies!

Aye it's one of mine. Started out life as test scenario whilst i played about with stuff and evolved from there! Thank you - glad you like it. 

No problem, George! Always delighted to see your work. Even among all those other talented scenario makers that contributed to the module. 

15 minutes ago, Monty's Mighty Moustache said:

I'm playing this one as the Russians PBEM as my first F&R scenario, we're only 20 minutes in or so but I already have some pretty hefty dilemmas on my plate! Gonna be a nasty scrap I think, loving it.

Kudos @George MC

Thank you!

Excellent :) When this was being playtested it was fascinating to see the different ways players resolved (or attempted to resolve) these dilemmas. Ways I'd never envisaged! Be interesting to see what your approach is. Awra best!

On 4/27/2021 at 1:02 AM, Combatintman said:

Yeah - they don't though, only about two battalion equivalents trickle in.

I'm guessing it will probably work. I had started testing the latest version, but we all ran out of time before release. And it's a long one. I was about 20-30 minutes in I think. No crashes with several saves. Seemed like it was working fine.

If it's still in the uploads folder, now that the last 2 weeks flurry has died down, I can go back and play with it some more, if you like @Combatintman  If not if you want to pm me a copy, I'll give it a go.

It would be good to get it released to the Scenario Depot at least. It's in the category of "You want tanks? I've got tanks for ya'  "

Dave