Posted (edited)

I had the issue with black trucks in @benpark's Berlin campaigns.  I saw the advice about the Stalingrad mod using the same flavour objects.  I renamed them.  No joy.  I read further about the same named objects in the Factory mod.  Renamed them.  No joy.  I found them in another mod, same result.  I kept searching and found them yet again buried in another mod.  This time the black trucks disappeared.

This is what I get for dropping every available mod into my Z folder, so I totally agree with @Ultradave's advice to move out all mods, or at least be aware of what might be happening...

Edited by Vacilllator
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bug Or Sabotage ??? me too I think this is the excellent Umlaut Factory mod

As a general comment, before reporting something as a possible bug, remove ALL your mods, every one. Move them somewhere safe like the desktop, then check what you saw again.  There is no testing

It's partly based upon how a player or commander in the situation would hold a reserve back for committing when the enemy may be wearing out. Fifty Minutes into the scenario should still be time for h

Posted Images

A lot of the mods are awesome, but when checking for bugs, step one is always to move your mods folder somewhere safe, out of the CM installation, and then try to duplicate the same behavior. If it still shows up then you know it's a possible/probable bug. 

If it doesn't show up, well, now you have to hunt for it among your mods, which can be tedious to remove a mod at a time and restart the save to check it, iterate number of mods times.

Dave

39 minutes ago, Andrew Kulin said:

T34/85s in first battle Road to Berlin.

Turrets on vehicles 1 and 3 are green, tank treads vehicle 2 not snow covered.

T34-85s.JPG

Tank treads one is already logged to be fixed. I'm not seeing the same issue with the turrets though. 

Another reminder folks... before reporting a texture or model problem, remove *ALL* Mods before starting up the game, launch, and then check to see if the problem persists.  We really can't afford to be chasing down problems that aren't ours to solve.

Steve

Posted (edited)

Speaking of white wash, how come there's none in December 44, ground and weather set to snow?

Mord.

Edited by Mord
On 5/4/2021 at 12:17 AM, Andrew Kulin said:

T34/85s in first battle Road to Berlin.

Turrets on vehicles 1 and 3 are green, tank treads vehicle 2 not snow covered.

T34-85s.JPG

the bmp tags are taken as a priority, but if there are more bmp mod than bmp tag the mod will be taken which explains these unbleached turrets
for info there is if you use the Ari mod

five t-34-85-1944late-turret

five t-34-85-1944early-turret

seven t-34-85-1943-turret

five t-34-1942late-turret

four t-34-1942early-turret

It is therefore necessary to copy the bmps of
34-85-1944early-turret [whitewash] 4 times and name them

34-85-1944early-turret 2 [whitewash] 

34-85-1944early-turret 3 [whitewash]

34-85-1944early-turret 4 [whitewash]

34-85-1944early-turret 5 [whitewash]

Idem pour

t-34-85-1944early-turret

pour

t-34-85-1943-turret 6 times et name them to t-34-85-1943-turret 7 [whitewash]

etc etc

i hope que je suis clair

this allows to keep the mod aris
and as the game progresses, identify the defaults and correct them in the same way

Edited by Falaise

Panzer IIIG - When aiming its cannon vertically, like lower, its rotation hinge point is wrong, and the gun+shield look like they are detaching.

Edit: The older model from Battle for Normandy - Market Garden, (771.973 bytes) works OK in this regard, but won't support tank riders.

Edited by Kevin2k

I to keep getting save issues.  Its a crapshoot if it saves a game in the Campaign and I can go back to it.  I mostly just save the hell every 5 minutes.. I think there is an issue if you overwrite a save.  It is an issue but work around is to just save the hell out of the game often.

I posted a screen pic, never seen these temporary files before.  I did a clean install with no mods.

BFCM RT.png

18 hours ago, GhostRider3/3 said:

I to keep getting save issues.  Its a crapshoot if it saves a game in the Campaign and I can go back to it.  I mostly just save the hell every 5 minutes.. I think there is an issue if you overwrite a save.  It is an issue but work around is to just save the hell out of the game often.

I posted a screen pic, never seen these temporary files before.  I did a clean install with no mods.

BFCM RT.png

I can replicate this. Seems to be like this: When you save under a name that already exists, it does not overwrite the save, but makes a save file in the 'Red Thunder' folder instead, and names it "tempfile *something*.tmp".

I spotted a bug on the automne foliage

21051001220224474.jpg
"tree-2-leaves [autumn]"

210510012202302254.jpg

and "tree-4-leaves [autumn]"
I checked it is a default of mdr not compatible with the bmp
this is easily solved using CM italy automne foliage bmps
"tree-2-leaves [autumn]" and "tree-4-leaves [autumn]"

or you have to modify the mdr but you will miss the summer texture

Small thing in map editor:

Button graphics for "editor option button sand down.bmp" is the same as "editor option button sand.bmp". So the "down" one lacks the golden frame for when beeing clicked/activated.

Files are in "red thunder V100a.brz", editor/buttons/options/