Jump to content

Fire and Rubble Possible Bugs


Recommended Posts

Not sure if it's a bug or only a slight oversight, but the Tiger I Mid still continues with the wheels of steel meanwhile that model in FB and FI received long time ago (and properly) the rubber covert on the wheels.

Another one bug: Tiger II lost (again) the glass in the turret periscopes, after received them in the upgrade to 4.0 engine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Small one: It would be nice to see the Panzer V G (Late) aka Panther without all these tracks on the turret, for once. It should be a random thing, but with this model all spare tracks are there, all the time.

This is an old issue that I wrote about in the Rome to Victory bugs topic. I could mod-fix the other Panzer V issues mentioned there, but not this particular issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2021 at 5:47 PM, Redwolf said:

Here is a savegame showing a bridge bug.

The Soviet halftrack is jojoing on the bridge, going forward normally, then space-warping backwards.

It might be related to the T34 trying to go under the bridge and failing, but probably not because the tank later showed up at its destination and the halftrack was still jojoing.

Savegame is a meeting engagement quickbattle, hotseat, empty password both sides.

https://wavehh.dyndns.org/bug-bridge-jojo.bts

i had this the other night with the last tiger in berlin mission, just save and reload from save fixed it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I recommend switching to Nvidia. Then it only runs very badly :)

 

if you use the advanced feature and define your graphics settings from the nvidia panel, makes a huge difference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might have found an AI plan bug? or AI plan problem on Night of the Opera Axis campaign.

https://i.imgur.com/gBVKU9u.png

https://i.imgur.com/Q0UfpoU.png

I cease fired with 50 min left because no soviets were advancing anymore. When I checked the map I noticed about a Company+ of Soviet Sappers all sitting around a single hex near the first line of defense on the left side (Reichs-Finanzministerium?) that were completely fresh while allmost all of the other soviet forces on the map were shaken/broken and had taken casulties so I assume all they ever did was sit in that square while the rest of the Soviet force crossed the bridge and tried to advance.

Now it might be that they were waiting for some go command since there's still time left on the clock but I just wanted to report it because it seemed odd to me.

Edited by Kraft
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Kraft said:

I might have found an AI plan bug? or AI plan problem on Night of the Opera Axis campaign.

https://i.imgur.com/gBVKU9u.png

https://i.imgur.com/Q0UfpoU.png

I cease fired with 50 min left because no soviets were advancing anymore. When I checked the map I noticed about a Company+ of Soviet Sappers all sitting around a single hex near the first line of defense on the left side (Reichs-Finanzministerium?) that were completely fresh while allmost all of the other soviet forces on the map were shaken/broken and had taken casulties so I assume all they ever did was sit in that square while the rest of the Soviet force crossed the bridge and tried to advance.

Now it might be that they were waiting for some go command since there's still time left on the clock but I just wanted to report it because it seemed odd to me.

Let's tag @benpark to see about that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's partly based upon how a player or commander in the situation would hold a reserve back for committing when the enemy may be wearing out. Fifty Minutes into the scenario should still be time for having something interesting happen, if possible - and sometimes it takes some guys holding back to get that done - there's probably plans for them. If you wiped everyone else out, that's pretty decent.

I've tried to keep the mid and late-game interesting - that can lead to what you are seeing if it ends early. These units are probably tasked with later times to move out, so the German player won't know where the attack really ends. There are a multiple, variable AI Plans, so that also changes attack routes and times, etc. The goal is keeping it interesting from either perspective over multiple plays.

You will find units holding back in some scenarios if you peek behind the mothballed - curtain of Cease Fire, they should only be heading out later in the attacks in these new scenarios and campaigns - generally as reinforcements, but sometimes on other tasks. Things like assigning the same AI Group to a late group as an earlier one to act as a second assault wave also may also be the reason. Lots of reasons.

Possibly an oversight among the many plans, and another opportunity to extend the attack and chaos? Maybe - but the AI uses as many tricks as possible (as realistically as possible, where appropriate. If there are any attackers left hanging around in bunches by scenario time-end, let me know and I'll give them something to do. The Soviet attacker is not going to mess around as it is, however.

This is the template I've used for keeping track of everything when it gets complicated (created after the Berlin ones, sadly)----

Slight spoiler ahead of one that absolutely has some differences with the finished product, and is missing things like time notations, etc....

I then load this in as an Overlay while I do the AI Plans

 

1415162250_Castlebattle2a.thumb.jpg.5856cb735901e071c3ed76eee7634106.jpg.5f75a0d64ed33fef884a931dfa2e2d50.jpg

 

Slight spoiler about the scenario from German side....

 

There will be some Soviet holding force left on the North river bank, for welcoming especially enterprising German players that may want the Lehrter Bahnhof back, but that doesn't necessarily seem like them.

Edited by benpark
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Follow up to my earlier post.

I think darkness starts falling at about 2 minutes into the scenario (quite abruptly I might add) and the darker snow I saw is due to "night-time" conditions starting.  The screen shot below shows a portion of the map under normal lighting conditions (at top), and then with enhanced night brightness (ALT-B at bottom).  It looks better with ALT-B engaged and it appears that there may besome sort of issue with some of the roof and building wall textures under night conditions (and possibly the high stone walls) that makes them look quite bright (maybe staying at daylight brightness?) while everything else is darkened, but then becomes okay when ALT-B is toggled.

CM Red Thunder 2021-04-28 21-50-09-86.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, benpark said:

It's partly based upon how a player or commander in the situation would hold a reserve back for committing when the enemy may be wearing out. Fifty Minutes into the scenario should still be time for having something interesting happen, if possible - and sometimes it takes some guys holding back to get that done - there's probably plans for them. If you wiped everyone else out, that's pretty decent.

I've tried to keep the mid and late-game interesting - that can lead to what you are seeing if it ends early. These units are probably tasked with later times to move out, so the German player won't know where the attack really ends. There are a multiple, variable AI Plans, so that also changes attack routes and times, etc. The goal is keeping it interesting from either perspective over multiple plays.

You will find units holding back in some scenarios if you peek behind the mothballed - curtain of Cease Fire, they should only be heading out later in the attacks in these new scenarios and campaigns - generally as reinforcements, but sometimes on other tasks. Things like assigning the same AI Group to a late group as an earlier one to act as a second assault wave also may also be the reason. Lots of reasons.

Possibly an oversight among the many plans, and another opportunity to extend the attack and chaos? Maybe - but the AI uses as many tricks as possible (as realistically as possible, where appropriate. If there are any attackers left hanging around in bunches by scenario time-end, let me know and I'll give them something to do. The Soviet attacker is not going to mess around as it is, however.

This is the template I've used for keeping track of everything when it gets complicated (created after the Berlin ones, sadly)----

Slight spoiler ahead of one that absolutely has some differences with the finished product, and is missing things like time notations, etc....

 

 

1415162250_Castlebattle2a.thumb.jpg.5856cb735901e071c3ed76eee7634106.jpg.5f75a0d64ed33fef884a931dfa2e2d50.jpg

 

Slight spoiler about the scenario from German side....

 

There will be some Soviet holding force left on the North river bank, for welcoming especially enterprising German players that may want the Lehrter Bahnhof back, but that doesn't necessarily seem like them.

Thanks for answering BP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mirekm61 said:

In the editor, changing the appearance of buildings (ALT+SHIFT+Left-Click) for "BARN", " HAUSE" does not work properly. For example, destroyed the roof appears covered with snow.

This seems to be related to loading into 3D in the editor in no snow conditions, then switching conditions in the editor and loading 3D again.  The destroyed version from the first 3D loading seems to get "stuck."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, akd said:

Wydaje się, że jest to związane z ładowaniem do 3D w edytorze bez śniegu, a następnie przełączaniem warunków w edytorze i ponownym ładowaniem 3D. Wydaje się, że zniszczona wersja z pierwszego wczytywania 3D „utknęła”.

not, this problem also occurs on maps from the basic version CMRT  where we have summer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mirekm61 said:

not, this problem also occurs on maps from the basic version CMRT  where we have summer

Unable to reproduce in editor without changing conditions as I described.  Do you have mods installed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPDATE on SturmPanzer IV Brummbär (mid) "not selectable by clicking in the 3D model"...guess related, if you  you move away from it, at certain distance, more or less the same distance where some other models loose the shadow and become bright (or the other way around depending where the sun is), the Brummbär (mid) 3D model vanished, leaving just the commander floating in the air...

Edited by Dan Dare
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

UPDATE on SturmPanzer IV Brummbär (mid) "not selectable by clicking in the 3D model"...guess related, if you  you move away from it, at certain distance, more or less the same distance where some other models loose the shadow and become bright (or the other way around depending where the sun is), the Brummbär (mid) 3D model vanished, leaving just the commander floating in the air...

Reported.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When playing "Against the Odds" as Soviets when crossing the ford on the way to Soritz the tanks just fly across the ford as water isn't even there. No wake or water movement at all. If you cross just to the left or right of the road the tanks slow down and you get the water movement that you normally do.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Like this? Yes, you probably right just a road tile instead of water. 

Like that only they don't even leave a wake...😀 

I checked in the Scenario Editor and you are correct. It's a road hex and not a ford hex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 4:03 AM, Andrew Kulin said:

Follow up to my earlier post.

I think darkness starts falling at about 2 minutes into the scenario (quite abruptly I might add) and the darker snow I saw is due to "night-time" conditions starting.  The screen shot below shows a portion of the map under normal lighting conditions (at top), and then with enhanced night brightness (ALT-B at bottom).  It looks better with ALT-B engaged and it appears that there may besome sort of issue with some of the roof and building wall textures under night conditions (and possibly the high stone walls) that makes them look quite bright (maybe staying at daylight brightness?) while everything else is darkened, but then becomes okay when ALT-B is toggled.

CM Red Thunder 2021-04-28 21-50-09-86.jpg

I think you mixed up the two states. The bottom pic looks like bright nighttime mode disabled, not enabled.

That would also explain why nighttime seems to appear abruptly. Since that's what happens when artificial night light is engaged - it kicks in sudddenly at a certain point when light levels become too low.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whilst working on an UI panel mod, I stumbled upon some small things:

"sup panel background blueforce patch.bmp" is green, but should be gray. That is for the German support interface. In the Soviet support interface there are two similar backgrounds that are not in the same color as the icons.

"play button when paused down.bmp" is vertically off by 1 pixel.

"bonus -1.bmp" and the other bonus ones, would be in line with the text behind them, when raised 1 pixel.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...