"EARLY WAR ORPHANS" rally point

3 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

That is awesome. Thanks. But I gave it a quick look and did not see any NORTH AFRIKA scenarios! Do you?

You already have them or at least some of them! 😉  I just can't remember if I only gave you a select few or all that are in this file (there weren't many).
They are the mixed in with other theatres in this file name at that site: ATS ASL SKs  http://www3.telus.net/public/larsent/ATS On The Table/ATS SK.zip

You have to open the pdf's to find out the goodies inside as the pdf file titles do not have names only scenario numbers.

There doesn't seem to be many NA scenarios, lots of others though for other projects. Just wanted to post the link for people.

Strange that there is no separate category for NA, at least that I can see.
Being Advanced Tobruk System (ATS) you would think there would be NA links somewhere??

Edited by Blazing 88's

21 minutes ago, Blazing 88's said:

You have to open the pdf's to find out the goodies inside as the pdf file titles do not have names only scenario numbers.

Yeah, I busted open a few and I agree. Lots of good scenarios for OTHER areas. I did not YET find the NA trove I guess. 😞

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes CMAK scenarios should be given a conversion where possible. I mentioned this over the years as well, probably with you in passing discussion.

EARLY WAR ORPHANS CAN HAVE A SMILE TODAY!

I kept at it and achieved success up to this point after a few failures (wheels disappeared). Still some work to do and then the GiMP art to make it look gorgeous.

ZVB6McU.png

As he said at the all women's college dorm..."THE SKIRTS MUST BE REMOVED!"

8wd3XbL.jpg

This can also be modded to look like a Barbarossa version alongside an early PzIIIG in CMRT F&R.

PUTTING MY CRAZY THOUGHTS DOWN....

I plan to use Tank Encyclopedia https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/ to help me evaluate what pairs of vehicles can BEST be modded using "mdr shenanigans".

I made up a term I will call ATA rating. "Apples to Apples" rating. There could be ATA rating (armor) or ATA-a, ATA rating (gun) or ATA-g, ATA rating (speed) or ATA-s, ATA rating (crew) or ATA-c, others probably.

The inbound vehicle is the shell mdr. The inner mdr is the host mdr. Shell/Host is the ATA basic formula.

The ATA rating helps us see if we are modding a Sturmtiger over a kubelwagen. ATA-a would be a very high number, the thickness of the real armor 150mm divided by the sheet metal of the passenger car, 1mm? ATA-a = 150. ATA-s would be low number, < 1...maybe .4-.5

So, the best mdr shell and host combinations are if these ATA's are near 1. 

The process starts by having a need. You need a certain vehicle for a certain timeframe of the war. The abandoned "early war timeframe"...

I am working the PzIVD over the PzIIIN and I think the ATA's look good. I am eyeballing doing a T-34/76 Model 1941 over a T-34/76 Model 1942 and I think that will also have good ATA's of around 1. Maybe not the ATA-c. It would be 1.25 as the older vehicle had just 4 men, the newer Mickey Mouse turret supported an extra guy. Sorry, Boris, somebody must be shot. 

Edited by kohlenklau

• 1 year later...

EARLY WAR ORPHANS...mount up!

OK, all is not lost. BFC has moved onward. We aint got no official help.

We can still squeeze out some juice.

We have to think outside the box.

Sure, some of you would LOVE a TO&E but we aint got none.

We CAN try for small early war scenarios with infantry, maybe some support weapons, MAYBE a vehicle or just an immobilized or KO vehicle.

I got like 6 of you out there that seem to like this. So Steve is absolutely correct. BFC SHOULD move forward officially.

I cannot help but keep diddling in the early war.

Maybe not exactly "early war" but I am involved in a Spanish Blue Division Mod.

I finally stumbled upon a Call of Duty Mod with Spanish voice mp3 files. I am converting to wav and renaming to match CM. What a pain.

I will try to have something released in February 2023.

On 6/3/2021 at 8:07 AM, kohlenklau said:

EARLY WAR ORPHANS CAN HAVE A SMILE TODAY!

I kept at it and achieved success up to this point after a few failures (wheels disappeared). Still some work to do and then the GiMP art to make it look gorgeous.

ZVB6McU.png

As he said at the all women's college dorm..."THE SKIRTS MUST BE REMOVED!"

WOAH, Interested! What does this replace?

11 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Sure, some of you would LOVE a TO&E but we aint got none.

I've made a 35 page TOE for 1942's Stalingrad campaign, still WIP. I have no substitute for PZIV shorty

1 minute ago, kohlenklau said:

I have it in a mod in my goody box where the PzIIIN with shorty 75 is replaced with my Blender creation of PzIV body and PzIIIN gun.

Dude, awesome. I will be using this. I've been waiting for this and a panzer II.

Thank you.

Edited by Artkin

@kohlenklau

Phil, you are a god damn legend and the mod work that happens around here goes FAR too unappreciated. Your model of the Panzer IV Kz is fantastic. I am going to spend a long time reorganizing my TOE with these now. I'm so friggen excited. I see the panzer II you made, it looks pretty convincing with the grey paint. Would it be impossible to find a PZII model on the internet? I guess even so, it might look weird in CM since it was intended for something else.

I will give your scenario a go eventually, but for now I'm as excited as a pig in ****. ****ing amazing work.

5 minutes ago, Artkin said:

couple errors

I know the Barbarossa version appears correct when I view it. Those jerry cans were the CMAK2 version for the desert. Mods are very difficult to get all settled out.

The fallblau version...yeah, it might need some love. But honestly, I can jump on it tomorrow and get it squared away. PM me and we can work together.

38 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

I know the Barbarossa version appears correct when I view it. Those jerry cans were the CMAK2 version for the desert. Mods are very difficult to get all settled out.

The fallblau version...yeah, it might need some love. But honestly, I can jump on it tomorrow and get it squared away. PM me and we can work together.

Sure thing. I will have to finish up what I'm doing here before I tackle anything else. Actually thanks to your PZIV mod I discovered two errors in Glantz's Stalingrad trilogy, book #2. He lists tank strengths but the models are all wrong! It seems Joly is correct in his version "Stalingrad Battle Atlas". Glantz named PZIV Short as PZIII 7.5cm (Uh? That wasn't developed until 1943). Also, he named the panzer III short as panzer II short. Nice. I will spend quite some time fixing up my TOE now.

Damn you Glantz.

On a more related note, is there any way we can remove the jerry cans on the turret? I'm not a fan of how they appear on every tank, whereas the items on the hull are randomized and aren't really intrusive in any way.

Thank you Phil for your direct and indirect support. :D

• 2 weeks later...

OK, there seems to only be a few folks out there who enjoy my half-baked mods. They are what they are based on my limited skills and the limits imposed by the game engine. I am not trying to summon a big pity party of comfort and appreciation. Unless you got big jugs and are buying the drinks. 😄

So, I think I am gonna go to a new policy of only making h2h scenarios for PBEM play. The entire AI scripting is too much of a damn hassle.

I know I have some PBEM buddies out there so the future can be happy for "SOME" early war action.

Just today I was making an awesome new CMAK2 scenario.

On 4/27/2021 at 3:56 PM, kohlenklau said:

I had HOPED that was the key to dialing down and out the MG42 and panzerfausts. I did some tests and the "mucking" did NOT seem to provide that type tweaking.

I purchased an excellent quality and a poor quality FJ battalion in July 43. Very subtle differences in equipment.

I purchased an excellent quality and a poor quality FJ battalion in July 44. Very subtle differences in equipment.

This seems to have been a bug. Which is now fixed in CMBN at least. And for Grenadier Battalions at least. I assume the same issue remains in all the other games.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:18 PM, Ithikial_AU said:

Grenadier Battalions with poor quality equipment were virtually identical to high quality units. Full of MG42's and STG44's. A problem when trying to recreate poor quality units from the static divisions. :) Also a few other surprises.