Rome To Victory and Gustav Line QB Maps

Did Rome to Victory add a lot of QB maps? When ever I launch a quick battle and look through the maps I don't see many new ones. I see that some of the maps now have R2V as a requirement, but the maps themselves are not new. Same with GL, I only see a small handful of QB maps. Looking at the store pages I see that both R2V and GL mention adding quick battle maps. I only ask because I seldomly play against real people and I find that the AI plans in DLC maps are far better.

1 hour ago, Artkin said:

Do you know what maps??

I Don't have a map in particular and ill have to look around tomorrow after work. To give an example there has been plenty of times I have spent a good amount of time building a nice troop composition as the attacker just for the enemy defense plan to be two huge groups hiding in the forest not near the objectives. Attached isn't a great example but I find on new maps (especially new games) this doesn't happen as much and the AI plans are more fleshed out.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c1c4a96ec6bc9767ad375c67e2dbdb5c.PNG

11 hours ago, Mark_McLeod said:

I Don't have a map in particular and ill have to look around tomorrow after work. To give an example there has been plenty of times I have spent a good amount of time building a nice troop composition as the attacker just for the enemy defense plan to be two huge groups hiding in the forest not near the objectives. Attached isn't a great example but I find on new maps (especially new games) this doesn't happen as much and the AI plans are more fleshed out.

Capture.thumb.PNG.c1c4a96ec6bc9767ad375c67e2dbdb5c.PNG

An example? Er, I was asking the DLC maps. 

If you play pbem you have an email file in your outgoing and/or incoming email folder (Documents -> CMFI -> Game Files). 

There you can find those dlc maps you were talking about. 

Compare with Heirloom first, that will be a more effective solution..

That is a common thing with the AI... thats why I never play attacker in AI quick battles. Assigning groups (f1-f8 [Dependant on map size]) to the AI will help split them up if the map has AI plans... which it should... unless you added maps to your qb folder

Edited by Artkin

Those with 482 maps have all the maps shipped with the official release. The difference in map count between my folder and yours are I have saved several works in progress into my quick battle map folder. How do you find the new maps released with R2V? The maps shipped with the base game and GL module all follow a similar naming structure, 009 Meet Large Town 009 for an example. The maps shipped with R2V are named differently, A Walk in the Sun a1 or Po Valley Farmland a2. If you are looking for the newest maps, choose the ones with the different naming structure.

If you find a map with a faulty AI plan please either tag me or send me a pm with the name of the problem map and I will see it is dealt with for a future patch.

10 hours ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

Those with 482 maps have all the maps shipped with the official release. The difference in map count between my folder and yours are I have saved several works in progress into my quick battle map folder. How do you find the new maps released with R2V? The maps shipped with the base game and GL module all follow a similar naming structure, 009 Meet Large Town 009 for an example. The maps shipped with R2V are named differently, A Walk in the Sun a1 or Po Valley Farmland a2. If you are looking for the newest maps, choose the ones with the different naming structure.

If you find a map with a faulty AI plan please either tag me or send me a pm with the name of the problem map and I will see it is dealt with for a future patch.

Are maps like Sicilian Plains and The Keep of Majella supposed to be the exact same maps? Devils to Isernia + Elephants and Tigers + Fight at Vallebruca all 3 the same map..

I've said it before, these modules are weak when it comes to the maps. This game doesn't feel complete at all in this state. Especially as the #3 best selling CM title. 

EDIT: There are a **** load of QB maps, but theyre all tiny, and I really hate tiny knife fight maps

Edited by Artkin

9 hours ago, Artkin said:

Are maps like Sicilian Plains and The Keep of Majella supposed to be the exact same maps? Devils to Isernia + Elephants and Tigers + Fight at Vallebruca all 3 the same map..

I will look deeper into this. 

9 hours ago, Artkin said:

EDIT: There are a **** load of QB maps, but theyre all tiny, and I really hate tiny knife fight maps

What is your "ideal" map size? 

1 hour ago, Heirloom_Tomato said:

I will look deeper into this. 

What is your "ideal" map size? 

I always feel bad complaining about maps, however ideal is probably ~2x2km+. This way, when I have them ported to the different CMs, the maps arent wasted and lost in each game. 

The CMFI maps are abit too small for cmbs :(