Another 10 minutes of play

When the "Victory" page is displayed instead of merely having the choice to view the map or end the game, how about another choice of "10 more minutes" You could play to the last man if wanted or perhaps figure out a way to pull victory from the jaws of defeat.  Granted you could continue to press 10 more minutes many times but eventually you would end the game.  PS. to be fair don't view the map before extending the game.

Edited by transporter

This has been requested several times.  One one hand it's great to finally execute that brilliant plan and see it to completion b4 the game ends.  On the other hand the designer programs the enemy AI to the scenario length so, during any extra time, the enemy AI has basically gone to sleep and will not be programmed to do anything.

I like scenarios that give a variable time ending, so one may get an extra 5, 10 more minutes.

33 minutes ago, Erwin said:

I like scenarios that give a variable time ending, so one may get an extra 5, 10 more minutes.

I had a small scenario, took my objectives and did my METT-TC. Troops on hand mm yes, a platoon is required to defend it. Set out outposts and waited and waited. Finally pressed the ceasefire yes Major Victory. Enemy Waffen SS had also a platoon in reserve sitting on the edge of the AO doing nothing. I came to the conclusion CM is really made for H&H let the players decide when the game ends. Had times I just said I order to withdraw from area of operations.  

1 hour ago, Bufo said:

You said you don't like politics in ze game and now you worry about civilians (It used to be METT-T only).

Civilians includes utilities like houses, among others. In modern warfare you have politics whether you like it or not. I don't like it I won't deny it. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:12 AM, Combatintman said:

Correct - that is a solution.

Tried this.  Extended game by an hour then deliberately slowed down my attack.  Still got end of game without all objectives met and OPFOR having undeployed reserves.