Night combat friendly fire casualty caused by HMG

3 hours ago, akd said:

I believe ricochets can cause casualties.

2 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes, this has been my experience as well - for any caliber.   It's hard to prove sometimes as it can be hard to know where fire is coming from.  But, I well recall putting a lot of small arms fire from many units onto one wall/window that I wanted my engineers to blast thru, and they suffered several casualties from what seemed like ricochets.

Just yesterday in a game, I saw an enemy RCL fire at my inf. The shell hit the tree in front of them, and instead of exploding, ricocheted away and hit some other inf who were well out of any fire, and wounded/killed a couple.

49 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Maybe, but that was definitely not what happened in my case, where my troops where actively and purposefully engaging their comrades on their own.

Would it shock you guys to say I also have a video clip of ricochets causing casualties 😅

https://streamable.com/scffu2

1 hour ago, Khalerick said:
  2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Maybe, but that was definitely not what happened in my case, where my troops where actively and purposefully engaging their comrades on their own.

I recall even in CM1, there was the possibility that in poor visibility units would sometimes target friendlies.  Looks like that feature made it to CM2.  Seems realistic, so...

The beef I have is that when an AFV sees an enemy target it will fire immediately at that target regardless of the proximity of friendly troops - and that can easily wipe out half a squad or more.  That and ridiculous AI pathfinding leading to casualties are my two default "replay the turn" standard procedures.

27 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Or maybe it's a bug. I prefer to think it's a feature.

It needs to be tested, proximity of enemy troops or proximity of your area fires. Is your C2 connected? The TacAI may regard any new contacts as hostile by default. More data is required. I know that air support attacks friendlies if they are in its area of operations.