Campaign Suggestions?

I currently find myself at a standstill on what campaign to try next. Last campaign I completed was "A Moment in Time" via CMBN. The scenario holding the bridge with Kriesgmarine was challenging. Kriegsmarine units really suck! I also enjoy many of the advanced tutorial campaigns as the battle size suits me. (Highly recommend the CMFB tutorial campaign. It's incredible.) I own every title and enjoy them all separately, but I definitely prefer WW2. I prefer to play Allies but like to control German units too. Anyone got a fav they could recommend?

Edited by Anonymous_Jonze

For CMBN?  My two favorites are Devil's Descent and Kampfgruppe Engel. Devil's Descent is a company sized American paratrooper campaign just perfect in scope. Kampfgruppe Engel is an innovative campaign where you play as Germans in the Falaise Pocket. It's a tough one, but fun and diverse.

Check this thread for some of my thoughts on these and a few more.

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4490340/combat-mission-campaign-reviews#Post4490340

Edit: It's Engel, not Engle

Edited by landser

In the last year I really enjoyed slowly slogging through the Scottish Corridor campaign in CMBN set during Operation Epsom. I say slog because it’s wet, muddy and the SS you face are tenacious and dug in. But I had an absolute blast even if it can be tough going. I think the campaign maker @Paper Tiger is one of the best, the maps are beautiful and realistic looking and the enemy positions and AI plans keep you on your toes. There’s a nice mix of forces, attack and defence and manageable battle sizes. 

Adding to my enjoyment of playing the campaign, was watching after each mission to see how Double Vision did in his epic video AAR series on YouTube  > 

2 hours ago, jamxo said:

In the last year I really enjoyed slowly slogging through the Scottish Corridor campaign in CMBN set during Operation Epsom. I say slog because it’s wet, muddy and the SS you face are tenacious and dug in. But I had an absolute blast even if it can be tough going. I think the campaign maker @Paper Tiger is one of the best, the maps are beautiful and realistic looking and the enemy positions and AI plans keep you on your toes. There’s a nice mix of forces, attack and defence and manageable battle sizes. 

Adding to my enjoyment of playing the campaign, was watching after each mission to see how Double Vision did in his epic video AAR series on YouTube  > 

Ah yes I watched the whole series of that actually. Now I just need to wait till I forget what he did so I don't use any of the exploits! 😅

5 hours ago, landser said:

For CMBN?  My two favorites are Devil's Descent and Kampfgruppe Engel. Devil's Descent is a company sized American paratrooper campaign just perfect in scope. Kampfgruppe Engel is an innovative campaign where you play as Germans in the Falaise Pocket. It's a tough one, but fun and diverse.

https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4490340/combat-mission-campaign-reviews#Post4490340

Yes I've been contemplating these two campaigns. I'll have to flip a coin!

On 4/7/2021 at 6:52 AM, landser said:

I really enjoy The Road to Montebourg.