The thirst is real...

I'm a rookie when it comes to Combat Mission games, having just discovered Battlefront and the series in the beginning of 2020. Red Thunder is definitely a favorite of mine, Like most of y'all I'm intensely  looking forward to  Fire and Rubble being released. I wanted to see what your Expectations are for Fire and Rubble, what are you excited about, what do you hope to see scenario wise and plans to use this module for since some of you make scenarios and campaigns? etc.. 

29 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

...Secondly RT being upgraded to the current patch....

That is it for me.... Oh, and yes I will eventually get F&R as well, probably wait on Cold War also, not sure.

If they ever decide to go to North Africa and or the early WWII period, I will pre-order my pre-order with another pre-order.... 😃

9 minutes ago, Blazing 88's said:

That is it for me.... Oh, and yes I will eventually get F&R as well, probably wait on Cold War also, not sure.

If they ever decide to go to North Africa and or the early WWII period, I will pre-order my pre-order with another pre-order.... 😃

Yeah, North Africa would be great. The mix of German armor with Italian infantry in a new terrain set all covered in dust. Count me in!

6 minutes ago, Anonymous_Jonze said:

Yeah, North Africa would be great. The mix of German armor with Italian infantry in a new terrain set all covered in dust. Count me in!

...More of the shorter and lower caliper guns, less one kill shots, shots bouncing off armour for longer tank duels, etc. Can't see whats not to like about all that!?

4 minutes ago, Blazing 88's said:

...More of the shorter and lower caliper guns, less one kill shots, shots bouncing off armour for longer tank duels, etc. Can't see whats not to like about all that!?

Oh yeah! I want the Siege of Tobruk too. Gimme those Aussie slouch hats! Wonder if they could fit Crete in there somewhere. So many possibilities.

It is so funny that YOU guys said Tobruk. AND another recent thread on map size had me recollect a crash of the game when I was testing a CMFI Afrika Mod Tobruk defenses map with like 220 strands of barbed wire...

AND it was recently Easter...

So, please, in the honor of those fine men it seems fitting to offer, if you so desire, download this CMFI scenario "Tobruk Digger Easter Rev III" and the mods folder for some cool stuff to see in the scenario and a readme txt file.

kohlenklau's TOBRUK DIGGER EASTER DOWNLOAD

Oh, and here is the briefing for the above scenario. PLAY ONLY AS HUMAN ALLIES VS AXIS AI!

It is early morning on a day of Easter weekend in April 1941. The mild temperatures of the night are over and as the greatcoats come off here in the desert the temperature will now slowly climb until it is warm soon and eventually even hot later in the afternoon. The khamsin winds blow strong from the southeast reducing visibility. You are in a concrete Italian-built strongpoint on the so called "Red Line" outer ring of defenses around Tobruk, Libya. Your strongpoint, designated R33, is integrated with anti-tank ditches, barbed wire and minefields.
^
Defend R33 and your sector from enemy incursion. (The enemy has hidden touch objectives worth various points.)
^
In this battle your initial focus is 3 Section, 10 Platoon, D Coy, 2/17 Australian Battalion, 20th Australian Brigade, 9th Australian Division. Section Leader: Corporal "Blue" Donnelson. Also assigned to R33 is a Vickers HMG. A D Coy Forward Observer is in the company area and has a radio link to the battalion mortars and the Royal Horse Artillery 25-pounders. Your platoon leader is inspecting the other strongpoints in the platoon sector and should be along shortly.
^
Machine-Gun Battalion 8 is commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Gustav Ponath. Though reduced in numbers from the 1200 that arrived a month ago at Tripoli to about 300 now, they are well equipped, experienced and highly motivated opponents. Their goal is to penetrate the defenses and create a hole for the tanks of the 5th Panzer Regiment.
^
Your score on this battle determines the follow on battle. Achieve an extremely difficult Total Victory by keeping the Germans from touching anywhere on your side of the wire and the next battle would be on the same map with their renewed efforts to breach the wire. Anything less than a Total Victory and the next battle will assume the axis have successfully penetrated into the Tobruk defenses and be on a different map. However, a "player feedback battle" will open after this current battle concludes to more accurately branch off as the story continues. Note that the spirit of your defense and success in eliminating the enemy will be of great assistance in future battles.

4 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Oh, and here is the briefing for the above scenario. PLAY ONLY AS HUMAN ALLIES VS AXIS AI!

It is early morning on a day of Easter weekend in April 1941. The mild temperatures of the night are over and as the greatcoats come off here in the desert the temperature will now slowly climb until it is warm soon and eventually even hot later in the afternoon. The khamsin winds blow strong from the southeast reducing visibility. You are in a concrete Italian-built strongpoint on the so called "Red Line" outer ring of defenses around Tobruk, Libya. Your strongpoint, designated R33, is integrated with anti-tank ditches, barbed wire and minefields.
^
Defend R33 and your sector from enemy incursion. (The enemy has hidden touch objectives worth various points.)
^
In this battle your initial focus is 3 Section, 10 Platoon, D Coy, 2/17 Australian Battalion, 20th Australian Brigade, 9th Australian Division. Section Leader: Corporal "Blue" Donnelson. Also assigned to R33 is a Vickers HMG. A D Coy Forward Observer is in the company area and has a radio link to the battalion mortars and the Royal Horse Artillery 25-pounders. Your platoon leader is inspecting the other strongpoints in the platoon sector and should be along shortly.
^
Machine-Gun Battalion 8 is commanded by Lieutenant Colonel Gustav Ponath. Though reduced in numbers from the 1200 that arrived a month ago at Tripoli to about 300 now, they are well equipped, experienced and highly motivated opponents. Their goal is to penetrate the defenses and create a hole for the tanks of the 5th Panzer Regiment.
^
Your score on this battle determines the follow on battle. Achieve an extremely difficult Total Victory by keeping the Germans from touching anywhere on your side of the wire and the next battle would be on the same map with their renewed efforts to breach the wire. Anything less than a Total Victory and the next battle will assume the axis have successfully penetrated into the Tobruk defenses and be on a different map. However, a "player feedback battle" will open after this current battle concludes to more accurately branch off as the story continues. Note that the spirit of your defense and success in eliminating the enemy will be of great assistance in future battles.

Exist one and only one @kohlenklau and we have it on our thrilling forum,... children that we are, he let us grab some eggs from the past.🍬 

Tks Phill.

JM

On 4/6/2021 at 2:40 PM, Modernrocco said:

I wanted to see what your Expectations are for Fire and Rubble, what are you excited about, what do you hope to see scenario wise and plans to use this module for since some of you make scenarios and campaigns? etc.. 

+1.  Welcome to the forum.  

The CMRT base game is June 1944 to September 1944.  The Fire & Rubble module goes to the end of the war in May 1945.  It adds the geography of Germany to include urban warfare in Berlin.  So huge tank battles to infantry firefights.  New flavor objects, buildings etc. CMRT will now include all seasons with the FR module.  The module will add Soviet partisans, Lend-Lease equipment, Waffen SS, Kriegsmarine, Volkssturm and Luftwaffe branches.  Also more campaigns and scenarios. 

One of the things I'm most looking forward to are Soviet partisans.  Then the below mini-campaign can be finished and released. 

GNX4Oz4h.jpg

uA1HBqIh.jpg

CwLIfGVh.jpg

gTVusaAh.png

sa7Bf8ih.jpg

Really looking forward to the module.  Lots of cool, interesting content for scenarios and campaigns.  Both to be played and created.  That's before the modders start and contribute even more to the East Front.  :)