The NTC

20 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Switching between regions is waaaay too much fun. I need to stop this and find some work to do. :P

NTC v Germany 2.jpg

I tend to paint my maps all sand, or in some titles, I just use snow... 

Switching up the landscape has always been a blast for me. I can play CMSF in CMBS and CMBS in CMSF ;)

Using urban area maps for  NTC QB isn't exactly appropriate because... you know... its supposed to be the Mojave desert. You can still do it, of course. You just have to adjust your expectations. I might be worth it just to have the surrounding tree cover reduced.

When forests disappear for NTC they're replaced by mesquite scrub. Its not a pine forest but it still provides moderately good amounts of concealment (if you're small enough).

mesquite.jpg

6 hours ago, MikeyD said:

Using urban area maps for  NTC QB isn't exactly appropriate because... you know... its supposed to be the Mojave desert. You can still do it, of course. You just have to adjust your expectations. I might be worth it just to have the surrounding tree cover reduced.

When forests disappear for NTC they're replaced by mesquite scrub. Its not a pine forest but it still provides moderately good amounts of concealment (if you're small enough).

Would you be referring to a certain soviet tanks that start with the letter "T" ?

48 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

attack on Palm Springs. ;)

I mean, if it can be added, it prob should in my opinion. Considering that the design thesis behind CW is for it to be a sandbox, more options to the map makers / players = more goodness in my opinion.
If there is still time I recommend rethinking the decision.

1 hour ago, SeinfeldRules said:

How many "master maps" of NTC are there? Also, in my year or so out here, I don't think I've ever seen a cactus that was higher then my shin, so the lack of cactus assets is actually pretty realistic. 😄

of course you left out the huge wadi's out there.

On 4/5/2021 at 8:43 AM, SeinfeldRules said:

How many "master maps" of NTC are there? Also, in my year or so out here, I don't think I've ever seen a cactus that was higher then my shin, so the lack of cactus assets is actually pretty realistic. 😄

I was about to say I don't think I ever saw a cactus in all my time at NTC, but you beat me to it. 😄

(I was never there for active duty, but once I transferred to HHC 1-185 AR in the California Army National Guard, it was our regular drill location).

FB_IMG_1617766650813.jpg.6c035c615329e319357ec6173070eecb.jpg

On 4/5/2021 at 8:54 AM, MikeyD said:

No cacti. That would have required the services of one very overworked 3-D artist. Someone suggested bringing in the palm trees from CMSF2 and I joked that would only be useful if you wanted to stage an attack on Palm Springs. ;)

I've been to Palm Springs, I don't see the harm in attacking it.

Edited by purpheart23
spelling :)