Release when

Stardekk

18 minutes ago, Stardekk said:

Less than a month away- when will we get the exact release date ? Or will we get it ?

A The Night of the Refresh Monkeys...that brings back memories.

I will let BFC-central answer most of this but I can say we are on track with the initial announcement:  in Apr, post-Easter.

They tend to not post release dates ahead of time for the simple reason that one guy catching a cold at the wrong moment, or a backhoe down the road cutting through a fiber optics cable can throw everything into confusion. To date nothing has gone wrong, everything's on schedule. And we're hoping Charles doesn't throw out his back bringing down a big box of Easter decorations from the attic. :P

I just got my V shot so the chance of my dropping dead before the release is diminished. Considering that state of the world this last year, that wasn't outside the realm of possibility. People ask 'If you thought you just had a month to live how would you spend it?' Apparently in my case the answer is working feverishly on a cold war tactical game! 

14 hours ago, The_Capt said:

A The Night of the Refresh Monkeys...that brings back memories.

I will let BFC-central answer most of this but I can say we are on track with the initial announcement:  in Apr, post-Easter.

I’ll venture to say the 7th. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 4:19 AM, Stardekk said:

I bet somewhere between the 15th and the 23rd.

I'm looking at April 19. It is a significant day. It's two weeks after my second Phiser Vacc shot (fully vaccinated) and Patriots day. What could be more appropriate!

According to Slitherines tea time twitch 19 days ago, the release of this CM Cold war has been postponed to June in order to integrate Slitherines PBEM system(?) - Why arent Battlefront straight up honest and sharing this information at once?  ... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/963748799?collection=L3pM9zH3YhYP6g  - Edit: I stand corrected and I havent found BF's post informing about this on this forum before the replies to my post.

Edited by SchnelleMeyer
I got new information after posting.

2 minutes ago, SchnelleMeyer said:

According to Slitherines tea time twitch 19 days ago, the release of this CM Cold war has been postponed to June in order to integrate Slitherines PBEM system(?) - Why arent Battlefront straight up honest and sharing this information at once?  ... https://www.twitch.tv/videos/963748799?collection=L3pM9zH3YhYP6g

From the Pre-orders are open thread:

On 4/9/2021 at 4:03 AM, Battlefront.com said:

OK, time to clear up some stuff.

We are jointly publishing Cold War with Slitherine.  Until the Slitherine launches there is no Steam version and Slitherine isn't planning on launching until June.  Registering ahead of time doesn't do anything in terms of accessing Cold War.  Having a pre-order key from us also doesn't get you advanced access to Cold War.

So why is Cold War going to take a few more months to come out for Slitherine?  Because they asked us to put in some multiplayer support that no Combat Mission has (so far).  And it needs to be extensively tested.  Which is why an otherwise nearly complete Combat Mission game with traditional features isn't being released by Slitherine sooner.

Does this mean you guys are going to have to wait until June to get your hands on a version of Cold War with the new multiplayer features and Steam version?  Yes.   Does this mean you will have to wait until June to play Cold War that meets normal Battlefront release standards?  No. 

Confused?  Well, no need to be! 

The features Slitherine has asked us to put in require lots and lots and lots and lots of testers.  Waaaaay more than we can do with our traditional method of testing.  Fortunately, we know exactly where to find people who want to help out.  A lot of people :D

As soon as Cold War is up to our usual quality standards you will be the first to know.

Steve