Pervitin.

There is  book and here is a review ICYMI Allies heard the good news and developed their own versions. I recently ran across articles on American hopes for a Manchurian Candidate scenario which led to some simply appalling and inhumane experimenting on hapless individuals. Could find it if interested...

1 hour ago, Vergeltungswaffe said:

Set troops to fanatic. Voila, you have a bunch of drugged up lunatics.

Interesting idea - maybe set some of them to 'weakened' and 'unfit' as well - and -2 efficiency, because Meth can do weird things to people

I'm gonna try that.

37 minutes ago, Bulletpoint said:

Every Friday

🤣

Well, interesting topic...which reminds me of, If I recall correctly,  that the most condecorated US soldier in the Vietnam war confessed he entered combat almost always under the effects of drugs...I guess a normal state of mind could not withstand being under the pressure of combat for a long time without being burned out ...also, out of curiosity...but you know where the word assasin comes from...did you?

Edited by Dan Dare

Its strange that most of all books I have read from the German perspective, very rarely mention "Fritz" waking up and popping a meth pill with his coffee before each and every battle. I think It was brought up a few times, but that was it. I guess it was so common they just didn't think of mentioning it in their memoirs. Or its a embarrassment to them I suppose.

Edited by Blazing 88's

I read Norman Ohler´s Blitzed (Der Totale Rausch) and found it very good and enlightening. But it seems to me, that he overstates the influence of drugs on Hitler and in The Third Reich at large. Yes, Hitler and his soldiers were probably more drugged than we have previously been aware of. But find it highly doubtful that the drugs are responsible for every stupid decision the Führer made. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

It still amazes me that people who post stuff like this on the net think that they are telling us something new. It might be new to them, but it isn't to anyone who has been reading books for the last fifty or so years.

"Wakey wakey" as Billy Cotton used to shout. 

I didn't see it till today, so stand amazed.

If you want to read some research rather than hyped up stuff page 21 of this paper might be useful. https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Amos-Wright-Iii/publication/230590819_Methamphetamine_for_Hitler's_Germany_1937_to_1945/links/5a86ebbaaca272017e5a77b7/Methamphetamine-for-Hitlers-Germany-1937-to-1945.pdf?origin=publication_detail

summary from above paper:

Methamphetamine was synthesized in Germany in 1937 and commercially re- leased in 1938. It became a popular stimu- lant for tired night workers and a recre- ational drug for young people until mid- 1941 when it became a controlled substance. It was abused by the armed forces during World War II when it was distributed by some commanding officers (occasionally over the objections of the units’ physicians) to prevent or treat the fatigue of exhausted troops and thus allow them to survive, de- spite the strict restrictions issued by the Army Inspectorate. There is no evidence
for the claim that the use of Pervitin was encouraged by the Nazi government to cre- ate a “superman.” In fact the Health Leader L. Conti strongly discouraged its use.

Edited by George MC

19 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Here is an interesting tactic of Sgt York. Take out the rear troops of a formation first, the front of the formation doesn't realize they are being shot at. He did it with a 1911 in .45 ACP.

WW1 - The Trench Shotgun & M1911 Pistol - a short history - YouTube

...What does that have to do with pervitin?