Re Heaven & Earth

I totally forgot I had disabled my usual mods and had H&E mods installed.  The good news is that I was playing Bartmeus' new OP ORPHEUS campaign - a "regular" CMSF2 campaign - and the H&E mods actually seemed to enhance the terrain and effect.  So, no big reason to change the mods back to CMSF2.  :)

I have CMSF2 from battlefront installed. I also have it activated in steam, but not installed.

Could I also install it in steam and then mod it to Heaven&Earth, while keeping my 'normal' CMSF2 at the same time without messing something up?

Once installed it should not matter (AFAIK) where the game was purchased.  And yes, all I did was rename my original CMSF2 mod/Z folder to "A ORIGINAL MODS" and then copy the H&E mods to the Mod folder so that the H&E mods are loaded last and appear in the game.  Now, it is likely that some of the "Original CMSF2" mods are also loaded - but it all seems to work.

Edited by Erwin

What I want to know is, if I can have installed TWO versions of CMSF2 (battlefront AND steam) AT THE SAME TIME on the SAME system.

(So that I can mod one to H&E and use the other for 'norma' [Syrian setting] Shock Force 2)

Edited by sawomi

4 hours ago, sawomi said:

What I want to know is, if I can have installed TWO versions of CMSF2 (battlefront AND steam) AT THE SAME TIME on the SAME system.

(So that I can mod one to H&E and use the other for 'norma' [Syrian setting] Shock Force 2)

I think you should be able to. I don't have the steam version, but I'm pretty sure it will be in a separate folder. 

17 hours ago, puje said:

... I'm pretty sure it will be in a separate folder. 

Of course it will.

But mods have to be in the {userdocs}\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\Data\Mods\Z folder.

The question is, will the steam installation use a different location for this or the same.

Edited by sawomi

4 hours ago, sawomi said:

Of course it will.

But mods have to be in the {userdocs}\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Shock Force 2\Data\Mods\Z folder.

The question is, will the steam installation use a different location for this or the same.

The Steam version indeed uses a different mod folder (as well as different campaign, map & scenario folders)... the install locations for either version are described both in the manual & the People's Beta thread.

49 minutes ago, 37mm said:

The Steam version indeed uses a different mod folder (as well as different campaign, map & scenario folders)... the install locations for either version are described both in the manual & the People's Beta thread.

Thank you very much for answer.