War in the East II is out

Erwin

Just got notification from Matrix that Grigsby's classic has been updated and is now available.  Personally, I find it hard to go back to a 2D top-down wargame after CM.  However, I love Grigsby's WITPAE, and hope they do an upgraded version of that game.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:19 AM, Erwin said:

The upcoming Ardennes game from Matrix should be more detailed and may even be a good source of CM2 scenarios/situation.

https://www.matrixgames.com/game/decisive-campaigns-ardennes-offensive

@Erwin "THAT" could be your secret power! It would take talent and would be a fine contribution to get/borrow/procure a few of these scenario ideas from these other games and in some easy way put them out in your own thread or wherever you thought best up in CMX2 sections or by PM? Translate into CM relatable concepts would be the value added. I don't know. Now, for me, if you found any CMRT Romanian Mod scenario ideas, that would be a great contribution in my opinion, just because that is what I am focused on. But I do love the Ardennes stuff...

In the course of the big war, there are so many tiny vignettes that deserve a CMX2 scenario!

Just my idea based on what you said in the other thread for mapping mod images! 😃

Well, I plan to buy the new Matrix Ardennes game when it's released as that is one of the most entertaining game topics.  Will let you know...

Re Romanian ideas, we used to play huge CM1 tournament battles at WeBOB and we all got tired of late war topics, so early war Rumanian, Italian (and Hungarian IIRC) units were used.  Shame you weren't around at that time.

Edited by Erwin