Viewing the 3D models outside the game

Is there any way to view 3D models (with skins) outside the game?

What I'd like to be able to do is to apply a mod using CMMOS, and see what it looks like, without flip-flopping back and forth between CMMOS and the game. That way I could preview a mod for a unit that doesn't appear at scenario start or hasn't yet been spotted.

Thanks!

I don't use mod manager (I'm not particularly clever, plus i own a mac) so my scenario folder's half-full of test scenarios used just to view vehicle skins! Scenarios with names like "AAA -Tiger Test". The mini scenario's got a hiding enemy unit in one map corner (usually a sniper) so the game doesn't immediately quit on startup, and the test vehicle in another. Constructing a mod I'd pop back and forth from test scenario to my drawing program hundreds of times!

Well I tried McMMM, and I love that you can easily view a mod’s BMP files before you even install it. But CMMOS is a lot easier for applying mods, especially if they use advanced options. Guess I’ll stick with CMMOS and use the editor for viewing, as you guys suggested.

I’d love to see someone develop a simple app that could show any model in any CM game, with BMP’s applied. Make a change in CMMOS, hit “refresh” and the model gets updated. I’m surprised no one’s done it yet…maybe you need access to the CM 3D engine. I’m no programmer. smile.gif

Its all the same difference.

I save the tests as 'scenarios' because rapidly opening and closing the map editor a dozen times in row tends to crash the game for me. Plus if you're working on the same vehicle for 2 weeks its convenient to have a test file saved away. They start with AAA because I'm just to lazy to scroll. And once you've opened the test scenario in the game a single click on the autosave will bring you right back again! :D