Catching rare events on film

... like this one

The AI was driving those two tanks very close to each other, and I have seen proximity kills of soft-skinned vehicles (or as my buddy @Lethafacepointed out, something to watch out for when around vehicles like the BMP-3), but in 10 years of CMx2 I haven't even seen a proximity kill of a reasonably armoured AFV... by another AFV blowing up.

Any other rare events like the one above people would like to share? Spotting stuff like this highlights how much happens under the hood with CMx2... and also how much more could this game tell us about what it does.

If you use BMP-3s incautiously, you'll see a lot of mutual kills :D

I don't have footage of it, but my favourite was a glancing hit on the front of my Panther, that bounced off in a high, near-vertical, really slow arc, before arcing back down directly onto one of my squads.

Yeah BMP-3's are very prone to sympathetic detonations and like to share them with their close friends 😉.

If I recall correctly I once observed a Pz-IV getting taken out by an exploding Pz-IV next to it (due to 105mm HEAT cooking off the ammo, I presumed). Would indeed be nice to know more about what happened under the hood that destroyed the tank (for example was it KO'ed because of consequences of blast wave? or did shrapnel from the exploding tank penetrate the other tank? etc). 

In CM1 it was common to place several armor units on top of each other when one found a superb keyhole position.  However, CM2 teaches why units should be kept fairly widely separated to avoid sympathetic detonation.  And also not in a nice line, as one lucky enemy shot can penetrate and go on to kill two or three more.

13 hours ago, domfluff said:

If you use BMP-3s incautiously, you'll see a lot of mutual kills :D

I don't have footage of it, but my favourite was a glancing hit on the front of my Panther, that bounced off in a high, near-vertical, really slow arc, before arcing back down directly onto one of my squads.

That's a pretty good one @domfluff 😄