Master download CMFI install woes

Got a new PC recently and used master downloads for all games and all installed successfully. However, CMFI won't launch despite activating all things correctly. Have I missed something?

Fi cant play.jpg

Edit: Remember having an issue back when R2V was released and I had to reinstall the game again and it didn't work. Wiping the license registration and starting over worked IIRC.

Edited by rocketman
Info

Great, that did the trick. Thought for some reason that Engine 4 covered all the engine upgrades since the base game. Still tricky business with all the keys, but now I finally have all in one document (I think).

Once all games are on Steam, would it be possible to have just one key for upgrading outside of Steam? Now that we have the master downloads.

16 hours ago, Schrullenhaft said:

Do you need the '3.0 Upgrade' license key to get it fully working ?

Hmm...  With my own install problems on a new computer, did we try that??   I thought that the "full install" download included all the upgrades.  But, I can't recall if I entered an upgrade license key.  (And aren't we on 4.0 Upgrade??)   

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

Hmm...  With my own install problems on a new computer, did we try that??   I thought that the "full install" download included all the upgrades.  But, I can't recall if I entered an upgrade license key.  (And aren't we on 4.0 Upgrade??)   

If your purchase of the base game occurred AFTER the 4.0 Upgrade was released, then you only need that base game license key. If you purchased the 4.0 Upgrade, then you would also need either the 3.0 Upgrade or the base game license key (if your purchase of the base game was AFTER the 3.0 Upgrade was released). This just confirms that you're using the 4.0 Upgrade legitimately (i.e. - you have purchased the base game before and NOT just the 4.0 Upgrade, which costs less).

Ok, since I purchased all games when they are first released, I must have purchased the 4.0 upgrade later.  So, I need to also use the 3.0 upgrade code for CMFI.  Is this also true for CMBS and CMFB (the 2 games I have been trying to run)?  

Am confused by your e-mail...  If I purchased the 4.0 upgrade I need to enter the 3.0 upgrade code (not a 4.0 upgrade code)??  

35 minutes ago, Erwin said:

If I purchased the 4.0 upgrade I need to enter the 3.0 upgrade code (not a 4.0 upgrade code)??  

You will need BOTH. This will be true for CMFI (which had 3.0 and 4.0 Upgrades). CMBS and CMFB were originally released as 3.0 Engines, so the base game license key and the 4.0 Upgrade license key will be necessary for them.

Schrullenhaft, I had the same problem as Rocketman (a new comp and reinstalling everything) at the end of January. Finally figured it out back then, but now that everything (every single game and module) is installed and up to date with full installers, next time (Fire and Rubble comes to mind😉) will I need to go through the whole procedure again, and every time a new game or module comes out?  Or does Full Installer mean one key from this point on?

@Erwin, hope you get everything sorted?

Uninstalling and reinstalling with the full installers should NOT require you to reactivate any of those games and modules that you have already activated. For example, if you delete your install CMRT and reinstall it with the full installer that includes the Fire and Rubble module, you should be able to just run the 'Activate New Products' shortcut to activate the Fire and Rubble module and you should be good to go. You should NOT need to activate any other license keys.

However if you're installing on a new computer (for the first time) or you have significantly upgraded your computer with different hardware (CPU, motherboard, possibly the video card, etc.), then you WILL need to activate with all of the license keys again. A reinstallation of your OS can also trigger the need to reactivate.

Edited by Schrullenhaft