Heaven & Earth- The People's Beta

On 8/11/2022 at 3:11 AM, 37mm said:

Directly West of your FOB is your first target village...

https://imgur.com/ozlVNyv

Almost directly north is your second target village...

Almost directly East is the Monastery...

@puje doesn't have you travelling far in this first mission.

Thank you, I found it. The show objectives was not on - would you advise to have it on or off? I don't want to cheat.  

Also, I must have installed improperly. My Monastery does not look like yours. I purchased the game here, but added it to my steam library. I basically did both versions of the install and have the mod pack folder placed in:

A Z folder in the main directory

In the User Data folder, in a Z folder in User Data, and also in the "mods" folder

...but I still don't have buildings like yours.

I always think to myself that the Syrians would be a decent fit for the Chinese if you were able to remodel the tanks. Using the T-90S as ZTZ-99, and the T-72 Turms-T variants for lesser models. The APCs are also kinda similar. The terrain in SF2 and specifically H&E would work well. How hard is it to import a model from a different game? You aren't making a profit off it, of course.

I guess CMCW could also be used. The performance in that title is too good.

18 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Thank you, I found it. The show objectives was not on - would you advise to have it on or off? I don't want to cheat. 

...but I still don't have buildings like yours.

Objectives on... we have other ways of hiding things from or decieving the player.

Odd... are all the other mods working? Sounds & music? UI? Loading screens? M16's, uniforms & jungle terrain?

2 hours ago, Falcon_the_Slut said:

Nothing seems to be modded. I have palm trees, but mosque type buildings and default graphics/ui

The Mods are not working.

@Requin87 made a recent video about how to get mods working on Steam.

It's a video about Winter mods but the principles are the same... hey at least you got the campaigns/scenarios working so you're half way there!

When I get round to updating H&E I'll have to pay more attention to the Steam Users (CMSF2 was released on Steam in-between "The Open Beta" & "The People Beta").

3 hours ago, 37mm said:

The Mods are not working.

@Requin87 made a recent video about how to get mods working on Steam. working so you're half way there!

Got it. 

There are two folders - one named "Data" and one named "User Data". The install instructions say User Data. I was putting it in the wrong folder.

C:\Users\user\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission Shock Force 2\User Data

I think it should just say "Data", that's where you put it in your video. 

Thank you again for all you help. Now I can get down to business. I created a "Z" folder in the "Data" folder and now I have the new start-up screen.

Edited by Falcon_the_Slut

• 4 months later...

I'm burnt out working on my campaign for CMBS and feel like doing something different. Would anyone be interested in playing a scenario or campaign based on the first battle of the La Drang valley (LZ XRay)? For anyone not familiar with the name, it's the battle the movie We Were Soldiers was based on. If so, I may start that as a side project. I just don't like making scenarios if I'm the only one playing them.

44 minutes ago, TheFriendlyFelon said:

I'm burnt out working on my campaign for CMBS and feel like doing something different. Would anyone be interested in playing a scenario or campaign based on the first battle of the La Drang valley (LZ XRay)? For anyone not familiar with the name, it's the battle the movie We Were Soldiers was based on. If so, I may start that as a side project. I just don't like making scenarios if I'm the only one playing them.

Yeah im Always down to play something new