Was the Russian T-34 Really the Best Tank of WW2?

Perhaps the Pz IV is also another best tank candidate when it comes to allround performance. It was the main battle tank and bore the brunt of the fighting from 1943 until the end of the war.

I think that most Tiger sightings in Normandy were in fact Pz IVH or J. That says enough. 

Edited by Aragorn2002

On 4/1/2021 at 11:57 AM, Aragorn2002 said:

Perhaps the Pz IV is also another best tank candidate when it comes to allround performance. It was the main battle tank and bore the brunt of the fighting from 1943 until the end of the war.

I think that most Tiger sightings in Normandy were in fact Pz IVH or J. That says enough. 

I don't think the Panzer IV was in any way the best tank of the war, and I think the Germans knew this full well - but they kept churning them out because that was more efficient than to change production to a better model.

11 hours ago, Bulletpoint said:

I don't think the Panzer IV was in any way the best tank of the war, and I think the Germans knew this full well - but they kept churning them out because that was more efficient than to change production to a better model.

Not the best tank, but a very important one and in my eyes the German Sherman. Even in 1945, outdated I grant you, the Pz IV soldiered on and still could kill everything that came in it's sights. 

I read this description about the IS-tank:

"But the Joseph Stalins were almost invulnerable.

One as big as a baobab tree, all by itself, stayed for an hour barring the way out of a conquered village. It took its stand right inside a building and  no one managed to dislodge it. The Stukas had to intervene.

The whole road out of the village was  bombed. Everyone was certain that this time the score had been settled with  the Joseph Stalin. The cloud of dust fell back to earth. And what did we  see? The ruins quivered, and the Stalin extricated itself and snorted. 

Covered with the debris of walls and roofs, it advanced along the route. We poured shells onto it. It continued on its way unharmed and disappeared..."

Is something similar anything those of you that play Red Thunder agree with? Is the IS-tank almost impossible to destroy?

Edited by BornGinger