CMSF2-NATO Dutch Woodland Uniform mod

CMSF2-NATO Dutch Woodland Uniform mod

For the Sim/Game "Combat Mission: Shock Force 2", with the "NATO module".

Included files (4):
 dutch-gear [mountains].bmp
 smod_dutch_boots-modern [mountains].bmp
 smod_dutch_helmet-soldier [mountains].bmp
 smod_dutch_uniform_dpm-soldier [mountains].bmp

All credits to the Battlefront company for supplying the original textures,
from which these modded ones were derived.
The woodland camo pattern was taken from a Dutch army rain poncho / tent.

Only for use in the Combat Mission games, other then that, this mod is free and non-profit.
This mod cannot be held responsible for harm done to pixeltruppen.

Copy the extracted files into your mod folder, or into your install folder in the data\z\ subfolder.
The naming of the files contains the mod-tag "mountains". This way they only override
the stock desert uniforms when the terrain is set to "mountains", like in the Quick Battle menu.

----------------

A preview image is in the zip file. So you can check if it is worthy ;)

Download from this place: http://www.gb-homepage.nl/index.htm (Select "Combat Mission" in left navigation window)

mirror: https://www.mediafire.com/file/t0uq1ay568lbkln/Dutch-Woodland-Uniform-mod.zip/file

PS.

I made variants for pretty much all Syrian vehicles in Green/Olive color as well. Tried to match the same color as the current T-54/T-55 tanks in the game. If there is interest I can pass on a copy of that. It is not really a historical appearance, but altogether can give the game a look somewhere in between the Arab deserts and Northern Europe.

The US vehicles are already available in woodland colors in CM Black Sea, for the most part. IIRC only the Humvee Cargo-variants required a decent amount of work. 

6 hours ago, Erwin said:

Lovely mods.  Thanks.  But are they suitable for the current Syrian scenarios, or did you make them for an alternative Euroscape-type mod??

In my install I use the mod-tag "mountains" to trigger a halfway Euroscape style for Quick Battles. I suppose using it for scenarios would require the addition of that mod-tag in the editor. I wrote halfway because I settled with that. It is a bit like the battle is in Greece or a country like that. AFAIK CMSF2 does not have a way to exchange the tree models, neither is there a way to give the existing buildings angled roofs (angled roof mod is only possible for the domed mosque). So for my purposes I dropped the ambition of taking it any further.

All in all I use this with the tag "mountains":

- Dutch Woodland uniform, above.

- Syrian Olive color vehicles, which I uploaded yesterday.

- US Woodland vehicles, adjusted from CM Black Sea.

- CM Black Sea Terrain Tiles (Ground) and Doodads, roads, skybox, crater - but I changed "ground dirt" and "ground grass yellow"

- Soldiers USMC Digital Green. ***

- Soldiers US, 3rd ID Multicam. *** This looks a lot like it was taken from CM Black Sea.

- Bits taken from Euroscape CMSF2 mod: buildings, walls, flavor-objects, tree- and brush-textures. ***

The *** marked bits were offered for download here, I think by Aquila-SmartWargames

What I still hope to do one day is convert the British vehicles to green, then add the British woodland uniforms that are already somewhere around here.

I decided to just release two smaller mods though, instead of the whole combination of the above. Several reasons for that, like a lot of it is actually Black Sea, or other peoples work, or it may interfere with some other modders that actually want to curate a Euroscape mod.

• 2 months later...

I added a new bonus to the above package, and this also serves as a bug report. As in, fixing it before reporting it :)

CMSF2 Soldier Lod-1 Texture Fix

For the Sim/Game "Combat Mission: Shock Force 2" and its "NATO module".
The lower detail models of most of the US and NATO soldiers have a bug, at least in v2.04.
They will show the texture of the boots on the face and hands.
This is especially noticeable when using modded uniforms with black boots.
The models supplied here are slightly hex-edited to prevent this bug.
(There is a similar issue with the Canadian vest, but I do not know how to fix that)

Included files (6):
  smod_american_ucp-acu-lod-1.mds
  smod_american-marines-lod-1.mds
  smod_canadian_cadpat-lod-1.mds
  smod_dutch_dpm-lod-1.mds
  smod_german_flecktarn-lod-1.mds
  SoldierTextureFixesGB-Tests.zip = Not really needed, just for showing the bug and the fix.

All credits to the Battlefront company for supplying the original models,
from which these modded ones were derived.

Only for use in the Combat Mission games, other then that, this mod is free and non-profit.
This mod cannot be held responsible for harm done to pixeltruppen.

Copy the extracted files into your mod folder, or into your install folder in the data\z\ subfolder.

By G. Broers (forum name: Kevin2k) 11-6-2021
http://www.gb-homepage.nl

On 3/20/2021 at 11:01 PM, Kevin2k said:

What I still hope to do one day is convert the British vehicles to green, then add the British woodland uniforms that are already somewhere around here.

I am almost done with the British vehicles. Should have a package up in the weekend.

Besides that, there will be a package with previews of all the stock CMSF2 Quick Battle maps. Like the ones by sttp for the WW2 games.( https://community.battlefront.com/topic/126849-qb-map-pdfs/ ) which I use regularly.

This week I also noticed great CMSF2 Woodland/Euro texture work by JMDECC ( https://community.battlefront.com/topic/138326-iranians-russians-woodland-mixed-uniforms/  I managed to miss that entirely at the time...Good to have these as well.

Edited by Kevin2k

• 9 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 9:43 PM, Kevin2k said:

I added a new bonus to the above package, and this also serves as a bug report. As in, fixing it before reporting it :)

CMSF2 Soldier Lod-1 Texture Fix

For the Sim/Game "Combat Mission: Shock Force 2" and its "NATO module".
The lower detail models of most of the US and NATO soldiers have a bug, at least in v2.04.
They will show the texture of the boots on the face and hands.
This is especially noticeable when using modded uniforms with black boots.
The models supplied here are slightly hex-edited to prevent this bug.
(There is a similar issue with the Canadian vest, but I do not know how to fix that)

Included files (6):
  smod_american_ucp-acu-lod-1.mds
  smod_american-marines-lod-1.mds
  smod_canadian_cadpat-lod-1.mds
  smod_dutch_dpm-lod-1.mds
  smod_german_flecktarn-lod-1.mds
  SoldierTextureFixesGB-Tests.zip = Not really needed, just for showing the bug and the fix.

I updated the above tweaked model files. The earlier fix used to work fine with my Radeon graphics, but I found it malfunctioned on a NVidia Graphics: The skin texture would appear transparent instead. Well, it should now work properly on both AMD and NVidia.