Existing Wall

JM Stuff

Hi there

Everybody's talk about CMCW, but nobody talk about the already existing wall in the 80' or minimum the holes in the wall !!

Everybody's know that The cold war was representing with a wall between 2 German states but also along more countries borders, this wall could be an handicap or benefic for some army close to Fulda, do you think this "obstacle" have to be or will be, representing in the game, the Eastern border is not far from this region?

For the little story, I was making some exercices and shooting manovers in the past, with my unit, in a military exercices baracks, by Wildflecken close to Fulda, where Elvis Presley were making his military service in the US army years ago before, where some history and pictures of him and his comrades are to see, like a little museum close to the Fulda town !

JM

Edited by 3j2m7

Inner German border's fortification system essentially was designed as a serious obstacle for single or small groups of civilians trying to leave GDR territory towards the FRG. It was not designed as a military fortification against mechanized armored divisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_German_border

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortifications_of_the_inner_German_border

System_of_gdr_border_fortification.jpg

Edited by sawomi

28 minutes ago, sawomi said:

Inner German border's fortification system essentially was designed as a serious obstacle for single or small groups of civilians trying to leave GDR territory towards the FRG. It was not designed as a military fortification against mechanized armored divisions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inner_German_border

System_of_gdr_border_fortification.jpg

Thanks to yours infos I know this also and this is sad, but I mean representing in the game.

Do we will have or have to be represented some scenes like this, some place with minefield or holes or broken walls towers... already prepared by the WP soldiers ?

3 hours ago, sawomi said:

Anti-fascist protection barrier surely ... 😉 (ok so I know that was the term for the Berlin Wall, not the IGB).

Yes you are right about it not being a military obstacle but bits of it would have had to have been dealt with to allow armour to move en-masse across it.

1024px-Panzersperre_hoetensleben.jpg?161

Control_strip_hoetensleben.jpg

53 minutes ago, Combatintman said:

Anti-fascist protection barrier surely ... 😉 (ok so I know that was the term for the Berlin Wall, not the IGB).

Yes you are right about it not being a military obstacle but bits of it would have had to have been dealt with to allow armour to move en-masse across it.

1024px-Panzersperre_hoetensleben.jpg?161

Control_strip_hoetensleben.jpg

yes, I know fascist or communist... we can showing a lot of pictures and this nice to have it, but this dont answer or give your opinion to my question about the game!

So...! !

Do we will have

or

have to be represented some scenes like this, some place with minefield or holes or broken walls towers... already prepared by the WP soldiers ?

added questions 

if YES WHY

If NO WHY 

I dont have to remember that the fighting place were close to the wall !

so I would like your(s) opinions thanks to yours comments. 

JM

Edited by 3j2m7

@3j2m7 - the full scenario cut for all BFC titles is never known until pretty much a couple of days before release.  It is therefore pointless speculating what will be in and what will be out of the game on release at this stage.

As to should the wall be in ... it isn't a must have for 90% of the engagements people will want to fight.  Would it be nice to have it in ... sure, you could certainly make a couple of scenarios set on the IGB.

1 hour ago, Combatintman said:

@3j2m7 - the full scenario cut for all BFC titles is never known until pretty much a couple of days before release.  It is therefore pointless speculating what will be in and what will be out of the game on release at this stage.

As to should the wall be in ... it isn't a must have for 90% of the engagements people will want to fight.  Would it be nice to have it in ... sure, you could certainly make a couple of scenarios set on the IGB.

thank you for this new infos and
yes of course nobodys  knows exactly the content of CMCW,  but to have an idea of what people will want to do with scenarios, or in my case try to make a little mod representing with pictures and 3d models east and west germany typical things from littles towns close to the border, I would like to know only the opinion of the players on the forum !

voili voilou!

JM

3 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

The game's got tall concrete wall, hedgehogs and the standard barbed wire fence. Plus dirt road, land mines, etc. So you've got pretty much what you need to make a barrier except maybe the chain link fence. 

whaoow all is welcome good to know,  a good atmosphere of the reallity.