If this can be our awaiting CM3...!!

10 minutes ago, z1812 said:

I have never tried it, but I have read that you can play ARMA3 CM style using the High Command function.

I have also heard from friends that ARMA 2 High Command is more comprehensive.

Interresting to know, what do you mean with "Hight command function" ?

22 minutes ago, c3k said:

Wow. Stunning.

"Games" have come a long way.

More videos, same amazing style for others periods of war are to be checked ...

@3j2m7  Interesting to know, what do you mean with "Hight command function" ?

From an Arma 3 Wiki.

"High command enables commanding squads in the same way that squad command works for subordinates. 
Units are represented by NATO markers that vary according to group type and size.
You can assign command either in 3D view or on a map. The map offers more possibilities."

I never spent too much time with it. It was years ago and the feeling I had then was that the process seemed complicated. Of course it may have changed since.

1 hour ago, z1812 said:

@3j2m7  Interesting to know, what do you mean with "Hight command function" ?

From an Arma 3 Wiki.

"High command enables commanding squads in the same way that squad command works for subordinates. 
Units are represented by NATO markers that vary according to group type and size.
You can assign command either in 3D view or on a map. The map offers more possibilities."

I never spent too much time with it. It was years ago and the feeling I had then was that the process seemed complicated. Of course it may have changed since.

Thanks for these infos @z1812I will check in details, in case for more infos see also @RockinHarryhe seem to be an expert with this game.

3 hours ago, mjkerner said:

ARMA’s single player sux, though (as I understand it). Or have they made changes to make SP worth while?

But yes, would LOVE that sort of graphics in CM!

Thanks, nice to see around @mjkerner, can you imagine that we could have something similar, with some added news animations for CM3, only probably the game will be too slowdown !

Holy cow! Great action. Especially like the way some British soldiers rolled away out the line of fire.

Good to see the Brits getting some attention too. The fighting to reach Caen was as bad as Ypres or the Somme. I feel they never got enough credit for that.

Edited by Aragorn2002

15 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Holy cow! Great action. Especially like the way some British soldiers rolled away out the line of fire.

Good to see the Brits getting some attention too. The fighting to reach Caen was as bad as Ypres or the Somme. I feel they never got enough credit for that.

I feel and admire your compassion for soldiers British and CW and their courage like all other nations

I was surprise also because this reflecting reality 
...we know there is no clean war!

22 minutes ago, 3j2m7 said:

I feel and admire your compassion for soldiers British and CW and their courage like all other nations

I was surprise also because this reflecting reality 
...we know there is no clean war!

Indeed, my friend. War is the most foul activity men ever invented. I often wonder why we feel attracted to it.

1 minute ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Indeed, my friend. War is the most foul activity men ever invented. I often wonder why we feel attracted to it.

Mentaly we  need agressivity in our life, more or less depending who we are, we have to see the medias everydays, this is a part of us deeper in our mind and this is a part if we want or not to be the over class of  "Human" that we are, where feeling and friendships deseaper year by year, and where the agressivity take the power of us !

14 minutes ago, z1812 said:

The Battle for Caen from June–August 1944 was a battle between Allied (primarily British and Canadian troops) and German forces during the Battle of Normandy.

The accent in the video seemed more Canadian than British......which surprised me as often the Canadians are overlooked.

Not in the Netherlands. Most parts of the country were liberated by the Canadian army. But yes, the Canadians are often overlooked too. I have practically all books by Mark Zuehlke and after reading those you can only admire the Canadian fighting spirit. In both world wars.

Edited by Aragorn2002

I played ARMA 3 a lot to get at more modern wargames before CMBS SB.  It looks good.  You can make it do amazing things.  Its incredibly flexible.   It takes a huge amount of work to do something like the above video.  The AI (TacAI) is almost nonexistent out of the box).

There are mods that alleviate a lot of that partially.  But in the end, ARMA 3 and its offspring are multiplayer tactical shooters.  Yes, you can make it do other things.  But to do something like a CMBN battle, its weeks and maybe months to get it to work.  Also, no map editor.

17 minutes ago, Thewood1 said:

I played ARMA 3 a lot to get at more modern wargames before CMBS SB.  It looks good.  You can make it do amazing things.  Its incredibly flexible.   It takes a huge amount of work to do something like the above video.  The AI (TacAI) is almost nonexistent out of the box).

There are mods that alleviate a lot of that partially.  But in the end, ARMA 3 and its offspring are multiplayer tactical shooters.  Yes, you can make it do other things.  But to do something like a CMBN battle, its weeks and maybe months to get it to work.  Also, no map editor.

Yes I know also Arma but only the vers 2 nothing about vers 3 and I am very surprise to see this.

Of course we cannot compare the two games in same way and the level cos they don't have the same goal for players, and are not created for the same things, but I would like have a little from this game play, and perhaps also more news animations in the awaiting CM vers, and this is what I want to share.

1 hour ago, Thewood1 said:

You are way out of the loop then.  ARMA 3 has been out for 6-7 years I think.  As an MP squad shooter, its good.  But as a combined arms tactical simulator, its very shallow.

Yes this is what I tell me more every years I m old (joking), I was slowdown with game online for a couples of time,  also in this time I dont have the capacty to buy others pc  graphic card... and had others priority...but now I am interrested to Arma 3...will see...! 

thanks to yours added comments !

I used to play on a team in Arma's predecessor, the mighty Operation: Flashpoint. The attraction, for me, was the active modding community and the openly available tools. The inbuilt AI just isn't interesting to us here; I can't say how it compared to its peers because I didn't play them. Trying to make a few mods, like a Merkava, led me to meet up with a group of players, the QSF, great bunch of folks.

I enjoyed how the game (and its best mod makers) tried hard to be a sim, not an arcade game. It modeled the ballistics, for example. Being hull-down mattered. I had a great time, became a decent heli pilot but never a good combat leader. Oooh, no, I wasn't good at that, so I focused on supporting roles and we had a blast.

Playing in team is interresting but also stressful I did also in the past one have to the take the head and be respected the others one have to accept to be under command is not always easy...

Modding is something very beautiful you can added your own things let express your imagination and share with some partners ideas and wishes you say Merkava, you know that one day will will have one in CM(I will try to added,... under the smile of forum peoples) ;)

Yes the gameplay is very nice by A3 I saw some videos, but for the time I don't need and dont want to buy the vers 3, I am focussed to try to make some Mods for CM and waiting impatiently CMRT FR and CMCW...

JM

Arma 2 with the ACE mod was the cream of the crop. It was excellent and had thousands of dedicated milsimmers. Now Arma 3 is a straight up disorganized mess. Huge organizations like the 15th MEU (hundreds of members) cease to exist. Sure you have things like Shacktac, but the 15th Meu was full of active marines. Lmao. They were hard.