VOICE ACTORS NEEDED!

Hello everybody,

I need voice actors. Please PM me if you have an interest and the equipment to make the wave files.

Bringing some CMBB countries voice .wav files over to the CMX2 world creates a gap in certain areas. The artillery commands and such as that.

I have solicited some Romanians for the CMRT Romanian mod voice file tasks. But maybe we have to just "do our best" with a non-native speaker hamming it up with trying to sound Romanian.

I could also use some Spanish speakers! 

I could also use some Finnish speakers!

I will hold it at that for now...

Please PM me if you have an interest and the equipment to make the wave files.

Thanks!

kohlenklau

The below is what is needed for all new non-German mods, even ones with some older CMBB voice files to utilize. Of course, if the language is not even in CMBB, then we need ALL the voice files (panic, chatter, etc.)

NOTE (03/23/21): I am trying to get the below in Finnish and it looks promising. I am working on getting it in Romanian. But I don't yet have any source for Hungarian or Polish or Estonian.

============================

I went to study these files. In the game, there are nine types of phrases. The makers of the game had actors record each phrase in a slightly different way for variety. The phrases are for two different groups talking by phone or radio like you are used to! Group 1 is the infantry company or forward observer who begins the process. Group 2 is the artillery battery or some controlling person of the multiple artillery assets. The game simplifies this.

PHRASE 1: GROUP 1 SAYS: "REQUEST FIRE MISSION, OVER"

PHRASE 2:  GROUP 2 REPLIES: "FIRE MISSION REQUEST RECEIVED, OUT"

PHRASE 3:  GROUP 2 SAYS "ADJUST FIRE, OVER"  (Here the game simulates some spotting to get accuracy)

PHRASE 4:  GROUP 2 SAYS "ADJUST FIRE, OUT" (Spotting is conducted by infantry/FO) 

PHRASE 5:  GROUP 1 SAYS "FIRE FOR EFFECT, OVER" (the adjustments are not mentioned)

PHRASE 6:  GROUP 2 THEN SAYS "FIRE FOR EFFECT, ROGER" (they confirm that spotter FO is happy with adjustments and now come the rounds)

PHRASE 7:  GROUP 1 MIGHT HAVE TO STOP FIRE AND SAYS "CHECK FIRE, CHECK FIRE, CHECK FIRE!" (3 times, emergency) 

PHRASE 8:   GROUP 2 CONFIRMS THEIR REQUEST "ROGER, CHECK FIRE, END OF MISSION" (game simplifies that mission is over)

PHRASE 9:     IF NO EMERGENCY, THEN MISSION NATURALLY ENDS AND GROUP 2 SAYS: "END OF FIRE MISSION, OUT" (designated rounds used)
Edited by kohlenklau

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

The below is what is needed for all new non-German mods, even ones with some older CMBB voice files to utilize. Of course, if the language is not even in CMBB, then we need ALL the voice files (panic, chatter, etc.)

NOTE (03/23/21): I am trying to get the below in Finnish and it looks promising. I am working on getting it in Romanian. But I don't yet have any source for Hungarian or Polish or Estonian.

============================

I went to study these files. In the game, there are nine types of phrases. The makers of the game had actors record each phrase in a slightly different way for variety. The phrases are for two different groups talking by phone or radio like you are used to! Group 1 is the infantry company or forward observer who begins the process. Group 2 is the artillery battery or some controlling person of the multiple artillery assets. The game simplifies this.

PHRASE 1: GROUP 1 SAYS: "REQUEST FIRE MISSION, OVER"

PHRASE 2:  GROUP 2 REPLIES: "FIRE MISSION REQUEST RECEIVED, OUT"

PHRASE 3:  GROUP 2 SAYS "ADJUST FIRE, OVER"  (Here the game simulates some spotting to get accuracy)

PHRASE 4:  GROUP 2 SAYS "ADJUST FIRE, OUT" (Spotting is conducted by infantry/FO) 

PHRASE 5:  GROUP 1 SAYS "FIRE FOR EFFECT, OVER" (the adjustments are not mentioned)

PHRASE 6:  GROUP 2 THEN SAYS "FIRE FOR EFFECT, ROGER" (they confirm that spotter FO is happy with adjustments and now come the rounds)

PHRASE 7:  GROUP 1 MIGHT HAVE TO STOP FIRE AND SAYS "CHECK FIRE, CHECK FIRE, CHECK FIRE!" (3 times, emergency) 

PHRASE 8:   GROUP 2 CONFIRMS THEIR REQUEST "ROGER, CHECK FIRE, END OF MISSION" (game simplifies that mission is over)

PHRASE 9:     IF NO EMERGENCY, THEN MISSION NATURALLY ENDS AND GROUP 2 SAYS: "END OF FIRE MISSION, OUT" (designated rounds used)

oops was wrong place !

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

2 hours ago, kohlenklau said:

Hey JM,

Yes, we need ALL NEW voices for a later project: CMRT Spanish Blue Division Mod

I think it is good to start ahead of time to get them recorded. 

pm on the way, some are more for Napoleonic games but usefull for the loud commands  but also for Franco time, with some tanks engines and trucks

PS for the translation you have to wait a little cos for the time "I talk only Romanian" !!😄

PS2 Nice link that you added specialy your Youtube Channel 

te văd  (with google)😆

JM

Re Estonian... Hmmm... I have some distant relatives there as well.  But, haven't talked to them in years.  However, my cousin in Finland whom you have been communicating may well be able to get you in touch with them or other Estonian native speakers.  So, maybe ask Colonel Seppo?

If you ever need Latvian... my wife's family is from there, so may be able to fix you up there.