VOICE ACTORS NEEDED! Enlist today and serve your CM community with pride...

Hello everybody,

I need voice actors. Please PM me if you have an interest and the equipment to make the wave files.

Bringing some CMBB countries voice .wav files over to the CMX2 world creates a gap in certain areas. The artillery commands and such as that.

I have solicited some Romanians for the CMRT Romanian mod voice file tasks. But maybe we have to just "do our best" with a non-native speaker hamming it up with trying to sound Romanian.

I could also use some Spanish speakers! 

I could also use some Finnish speakers!

I will hold it at that for now...

Please PM me if you have an interest and the equipment to make the wave files.

Thanks!

kohlenklau

I don't speak Finnish but grew up in an area where we had many of them and I had a few in my school and had Finnish friends when I lived in Estonia for six years. So I know how they pronounce their words in that somewhat static way. But I don't have any good recording equipment.

If you don't find anyone here, you could try a Finnish gaming website. I'm pretty sure you could find one or two who would be happy to help although they don't play any Combat Mission game.

• 1 month later...

If I can't get voice actors for the language needed for the mod, then the mods will just not happen. 

CMBB TO CMX2 VOICE FILE CHART
(Kohlenklau 5/11/2021)

CMBB file number to CMX2 Folder Name
90000    heavy target general    92200    rally
90100    heavy target big gun    92300    spot general
90200    heavy target infantry    92400    spot infantry
90300    heavy target tank    92500    spot big gun
90400    heavy target vehicle    92600    spot tank
90500    heavy target general    92700    spot vehicle
90600    heavy target big gun    92800    aircraft?
90700    light target infantry    92900    capture
90800    light target tank    93000    surrender
90900    light target vehicle    93100    panic?
91000    hit damaged vehicle    93200    no longer used (unjammed)
91100    hit burning vehicle    93300    chatter
91200    hit little effect    93400    minefield
91300    reload            93500    no longer used (jam)
91400    cease fire        93600    embark
91500    panic?            93700    disembark
91600    incoming grenade    93800    move contact
91700    incoming artillery    93900    move fast
91800    casualty        94000    move assault
91900    casualty        94100    move normal
92000    taking fire        94200    taking fire
92100    panic and withdraw    94300    move quick

18 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

If I can't get voice actors for the language needed for the mod, then the mods will just not happen. 

CMBB TO CMX2 VOICE FILE CHART
(Kohlenklau 5/11/2021)

CMBB file number to CMX2 Folder Name
90000    heavy target general    92200    rally
90100    heavy target big gun    92300    spot general
90200    heavy target infantry    92400    spot infantry
90300    heavy target tank    92500    spot big gun
90400    heavy target vehicle    92600    spot tank
90500    heavy target general    92700    spot vehicle
90600    heavy target big gun    92800    aircraft?
90700    light target infantry    92900    capture
90800    light target tank    93000    surrender
90900    light target vehicle    93100    panic?
91000    hit damaged vehicle    93200    no longer used (unjammed)
91100    hit burning vehicle    93300    chatter
91200    hit little effect    93400    minefield
91300    reload            93500    no longer used (jam)
91400    cease fire        93600    embark
91500    panic?            93700    disembark
91600    incoming grenade    93800    move contact
91700    incoming artillery    93900    move fast
91800    casualty        94000    move assault
91900    casualty        94100    move normal
92000    taking fire        94200    taking fire
92100    panic and withdraw    94300    move quick

@RockinHarry seem to have a sweet mood to record some with his own voice, I can only read the number...just kidding !😉

It is a lot of work to make a mod. Days and days of work. But I understand it is asking a lot to have someone do a bunch of voice files. I had 1 volunteer for CMRT Spanish Blue Division and he has started. Another guy agreed when I asked him but once he knew the time investment, he backed out.

We'll see how it evolves! My ultimate back up is to record them all myself but in English with a Hollywood foreign accent. "Generic Foreign Accented English" will have to do if push comes to shove. 

2 hours ago, JM Stuff said:

@RockinHarry seem to have a sweet mood to record some with his own voice, I can only read the number...just kidding !😉

For german language stuff only. I´ve both technical means and experience working with digital audio long time. But now just for own purposes, replacing some files that bug me the most. Though not a high priority project ATM.

6 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

For german language stuff only. I´ve both technical means and experience working with digital audio long time. But now just for own purposes, replacing some files that bug me the most. Though not a high priority project ATM.

...just kidding !😉

6 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

...just kidding !😉

I know, I know. 😎 Though I´m tempted starting a german voice file redo with multiple native german speakers. I just lack time to get anything like that started and organized. Same issue as always. Too many (potential) projects, too little time and demand for them at last.

24 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

I know, I know. 😎 Though I´m tempted starting a german voice file redo with multiple native german speakers. I just lack time to get anything like that started and organized. Same issue as always. Too many (potential) projects, too little time and demand for them at last.

I had promised you, voices from different german interlocutors, I am working on it, but I have so many that I have to do the cleaning in the files, I have voices and dialects from a lot of countries around games, the problem is that I have several files with the same sizes and names so I have to see them one by one, so as not to lose the good ones I didnt delete nothing, now I am in the need to do it... some are already cut from movies and must be transforming in wav some are in mp3...but I am working on !

there are somewhere under the list !!!

JM

sounds.png

1 hour ago, kohlenklau said:

Maybe I wasn't clear...This aint about getting more German voices.

Phill German voices  were for @RockinHarry ! he can download in "My Corner " butis only a part I have to see the rest later...much later...

@kohlenklau@mjkerner I have some Greek voices we have only to delete the noise, of the microphone !  !

also to download, I let the voices on PC only 2 days than will be deleted !

JM

7 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Sorry to be negative but we need specific voices for CM. Not just a collection of some other war games expressions. Sure, they might be better than nothing. But somebody needs to go through them and match them up. So, we still need a native speaker. 

they might be better than nothing...this is only what I have, ...I will try to contacting the laboratory of language in Athen 😁

I delete the one in dropbox also  the German ones this take a lot of place on my PC !

Edited by JM Stuff

6 minutes ago, kohlenklau said:

Sorry to be negative but we need specific voices for CM. Not just a collection of some other war games expressions. Sure, they might be better than nothing. But somebody needs to go through them and match them up. So, we still need a native speaker. 

Exactly. That was my point for a possible german voices redo as well. Don´t need "anything" that has german voices. Files got to reflect the particular ingame situation they´re used for. I also want to get used "realistic" WW2 command (and other) phrases, if necessary at all. Some are even needless entirely and can be set to silent (empty audio file). That might even take some loads from the audio engine, thus possibly improving game performance.

2 minutes ago, RockinHarry said:

Exactly. That was my point for a possible german voices redo as well. Don´t need "anything" that has german voices. Files got to reflect the particular ingame situation they´re used for. I also want to get used "realistic" WW2 command (and other) phrases, if necessary at all. Some are even needless entirely and can be set to silent (empty audio file). That might even take some loads from the audio engine, thus possibly improving game performance.

Sorry for this i misunderstood something... you were telling me that you could listening all the voices that i was prepared ?...I dont think so,?  where some are really from movies that I cut myself from  real situations in war and from the Bundeswehr ? but ok me I give only what i have.

the best way to do it is to go outside far from curious...and scream and command on the same time that you record your own voice !🙄

voili voilu !😁

Edited by JM Stuff

12 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Sorry for this i misunderstood something... you were telling me that you could listening all the voices that i was prepared ?...I dont think so,?  where some are really from movies that I cut myself from  real situations in war and from the Bundeswehr ? but ok me I give only what i have.

the best way to do it is to go outside far from curious...and scream and command on the same time that you record your own voice !🙄

voili voilu !😁

possibly bits of a misunderstanding, yes. I didn´t check your files for following reasons. WW2 movies are a very bad source for grabbing "typical" german phrases. This I can tell you as german native speaker and having studied that subject from original source materials very long time. Secondly, sonic qualities of those audio source materials are highly different and most the time inappropiate. That from voices either sounding too much "direct in your face" (movie or radio sound), or having unwanted reverberation sound components with them. They´re also containing too much bass sound components which are unrealistic in given environmental (game) conditions. Not to forget other unwanted noises, like possible hissing or crackling. It´s way too much work to adapt all those sound snippets to achieve a coherent sound experience ingame. Maybe matter of personal quality standards, but I´m doing digital audio editing for more than 2 decades and thus somewhat intolerant toward certain things. So for me it´s way easier and less of a workload if recording required things myself. I don´t have or need a studio environment, but that´s not necessary for achieving the goal. Simple means, as well as appropiate recording and editing techniques suffice usually. Also there´s simple "tricks" to avoid getting a voice recording sound like you´re sitting in a closet. No need to go outside frigthening people or deer. 😁

2 hours ago, RockinHarry said:

possibly bits of a misunderstanding, yes. I didn´t check your files for following reasons. WW2 movies are a very bad source for grabbing "typical" german phrases. This I can tell you as german native speaker and having studied that subject from original source materials very long time. Secondly, sonic qualities of those audio source materials are highly different and most the time inappropiate. That from voices either sounding too much "direct in your face" (movie or radio sound), or having unwanted reverberation sound components with them. They´re also containing too much bass sound components which are unrealistic in given environmental (game) conditions. Not to forget other unwanted noises, like possible hissing or crackling. It´s way too much work to adapt all those sound snippets to achieve a coherent sound experience ingame. Maybe matter of personal quality standards, but I´m doing digital audio editing for more than 2 decades and thus somewhat intolerant toward certain things. So for me it´s way easier and less of a workload if recording required things myself. I don´t have or need a studio environment, but that´s not necessary for achieving the goal. Simple means, as well as appropiate recording and editing techniques suffice usually. Also there´s simple "tricks" to avoid getting a voice recording sound like you´re sitting in a closet. No need to go outside frigthening people or deer. 😁

Harry, quite agree with all the arguments cited.  

I just wanted and as always just wanted to help and I didn't know you were working as a pro and it's a great thing to be picky about what you like to do in this domain.

On the other hand, you will have to explain to me where you can find deer in the middle of Frankfort (nur ein Scherz ) 😉

7 minutes ago, JM Stuff said:

Harry, quite agree with all the arguments cited.  

I just wanted and as always just wanted to help and I didn't know you were working as a pro and it's a great thing to be picky about what you like to do in this domain.

On the other hand, you will have to explain to me where you can find deer in the middle of Frankfort (nur ein Scherz ) 😉

well, not Frankfurt directly, but rather a 75km from it. See a lot of deer and wild boars in the forests around where I live. Btw. didn´t mean to not appreciate your voice file modding efforts. It´s just a different approach and matter of taste I´d say. 😎

1 minute ago, RockinHarry said:

well, not Frankfurt directly, but rather a 75km from it. See a lot of deer and wild boars in the forests around where I live. Btw. didn´t mean to not appreciate your voice file modding efforts. It´s just a different approach and matter of taste I´d say. 😎

Thanks Harry, I smile only always too much on the forum don t pay attention !😉

• 6 months later...