issues about the javelin missing its target

Once i've countered a issue, oh, not once, may be several times, i called my green to shoot the Javelin and everything seems to be fine, but when it come to the top of the target, the missile just suddenly turns to another direction like 90°, and hit the dirt.

I test in the court and found that they work well when quiped by the green and the script and even they are pinned down, any ideas?

45 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Quoting Murphy: If something can go wrong it usually does. The other AFV could have a counter device such as.

Russia's Lethal T-90 Tank vs. the Javelin Missile: Who Wins? | The National Interest

Yes, the T-90AM with the Arena advanced protection system can defeat a Javelin, in some cases. Also, if your scenario is using a high level of EW that could also be a factor. Last but not least, the level of training your troops have with the system and what their morale level is at the time the missile is launched. The Russian Tunguska is great for laying down a tremendous amount of suppressive fire. If I were part of a Javelin team and encountered one of those beasts, do you think I am going to stick my head up to launch the Javelin. Not a chance in h*ll.

Edited by WhiteWolf65

Don't be the Prima Donna and be part of the orchestra. Like a sniper when there are plenty of explosions around is the time to strike. Look at the Javelin every spotter can see where it comes from. Any radar system can see where it originated from. But during a melee it becomes a lot harder. 

8 minutes ago, chuckdyke said:

Don't be the Prima Donna and be part of the orchestra. Like a sniper when there are plenty of explosions around is the time to strike. Look at the Javelin every spotter can see where it comes from. Any radar system can see where it originated from. But during a melee it becomes a lot harder. 

Believe me on this. If I spot a Javelin team, I will definitely take a very high interest in them and kill them.

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf65 said:

Believe me on this. If I spot a Javelin team, I will definitely take a very high interest in them and kill them.

Yes, it is a priority target its strength is the fire and forget system. All this stuff I am not too familiar with. In our lifetime a revolution took place in warfare. The modern western soldier is a highly trained skilled individual. The days of cannon fodder is over. In its extreme the man kiss his wife in the morning goes to the city. Once at work he launches a drone and kills his enemy from 20000 miles away. Soon drones will be some fly on the wall.

2 hours ago, chuckdyke said:

Yes, it is a priority target its strength is the fire and forget system. All this stuff I am not too familiar with. In our lifetime a revolution took place in warfare. The modern western soldier is a highly trained skilled individual. The days of cannon fodder is over. In its extreme the man kiss his wife in the morning goes to the city. Once at work he launches a drone and kills his enemy from 20000 miles away. Soon drones will be some fly on the wall.

Agreed, but we will still be here slugging it out. Right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 6:09 AM, chuckdyke said:

Quoting Murphy: If something can go wrong it usually does. The other AFV could have a counter device such as.

Russia's Lethal T-90 Tank vs. the Javelin Missile: Who Wins? | The National Interest

That says nothing about Javelin, other than posing a question without providing an intelligent answer or even  informed speculation.  Simply repeating the question posed in your article headline in the body of the text is some remarkable journalism.

Edited by akd

59 minutes ago, akd said:

Simply repeating the question posed in your article headline in the body of the text is some remarkable journalism.

I never handled a Javelin in my life. But the Golden Rule still applies. If you can hit the enemy the enemy can hit, you too. The Javelin's operator must be easy to spot. The moment you fire one (In the Game) you go to the enemy's position replay and you see for yourself. Before you fire have an exit tactic it applies for anything. 

On 3/26/2021 at 12:21 AM, Artkin said:

The javelin actually makes playing the US unfun in any of the modern games LOL

Actually - I'll disagree - but it depends on the context.  I've been playing a scenario (CMBS Phase Line Green) where I have some Strykers/Humvees, mounted with nothing more punchy that .50 cals & AGLs.  My one saving grace for dealing with armour is a handful of Javelins.  OK an MGS turns up later too.  However the map is a challenge with trees, slopes & rivers, ruling out most opportunities for long-range shots.  It's quite a challenge and a lot of fun!