So glad i found CM

Literally never heard of this game until i saw it on Steam last year and i scoffed at the price at first.

5 months later I have purchased every single game and module except for CMFI, im going to buy it but my wallet lol

Massive respect to the developers for creating something amazing, that seems tailored for me personally.  I've been trying to get my friends to play but they arent tactical :(

Sorry if this is a boring post but I heard a podcast with a gentleman from BF and he mentioned they were testing Steam out and just wanted to provide this feedback

Stoked for F&T and CW

I don't think it is expensive at all. The Big Bundles around $100 and each one can keep you entertained for at least a year. I just started to touch the editor. Yes, finding another enthusiast in your neighborhood is ideal. The games have something for everybody. Tomorrow one of the people I play against comes around again. 

Always wondered why they called the Black Sea the Black Sea. Play US Marines now, their usual tactics go in all guns blazing, kick doors in and blow holes in the walls. Actually, I admire them. Remember Private Jessica? They were offered a key when they looked for her. Nah blowing the hinges with a shotgun is more fun. You can't get rid of tradition that easy. Just read she was rescued by the Green Berets.  

Edited by chuckdyke

3 hours ago, Mogarth said:

5 months later I have purchased every single game and module except for CMFI, im going to buy it but my wallet lol

My personal opinion is CMFI is actually one of the best if not the best title right now. :) No pressure .  Make sure you get GL and R2V as well.

5 hours ago, Mogarth said:

Literally never heard of this game until i saw it on Steam last year

Welcome! I remember when I discovered CM. I was standing in a friend's office when he said to another friend "did you hear about the new Combat Mission Beyond Normandy that is coming out". I asked about the game and was left gobsmacked that I had never heard and they had never told me about the CM1 games :) . The three of us immediately bought or re-bought the CM1 games and played until CMBN came out.

I wish I had known about them earlier - I would have been playing years more. I make a point of finding out what games those two are playing now :)

1 hour ago, Mogarth said:

Thanks everyone! I really like the community!

lol -  purpheart23 ok you've convinced me -- may as well round out my collection!

Totally agree with both, the community is great and you may as well go for FI as it's very good.  Oh and a big welcome.

The problem you might have is finding enough time to give all the titles a proper try 😉

I only started last May and have all the WW2 titles but have only scratched the surface really, some slightly more than others.

Lanl summed up my feelings about CM, well too bad I didn't known earlier, and I had to wait until 2017
A guy had told me about it excitedly after we talked about Squad Leader and Close Combat which I played heavily in my youth. Alas but I didn’t go through the search , anyway I didn’t play any computergames and didn’t have a graphics card. Now I have one just for me, reserved only for CM !!!
I am also very impressed by the community which interacted with this forum, some are real well of science and that in all the fields
Check out the new Cold War forum even if you are not interested in the topic, the enthusiasm and quality of the topics covered is breathtaking, it is a real pleasure to read and listen !! I discovered this fantastic piece of music from Berlin express Die Russen kommen that will me serve as the back music to the game.
I don’t  "like" it, I don’t have enough. .
 i would have liked to be there when cm Normandie came out, i've been to see it before and i think i'll do some archeology on the forum.
welcome

Edited by Falaise

Seems like a good thread to make my first post. You might say im a old new guy. I was introduced to Panzer Blitz back in the 70s. Ran the full line with Avalon Hill for years. Then early computer Panzer games - Close Combat - Then on to CM. WW2 is my first love . But I will buy CW because I was a tanker when I was in the Marines back in the 60s. and those M48s are to good to pass up.  Glad to be on board.   E5K

21 minutes ago, E5K said:

Seems like a good thread to make my first post.

Welcome E5K, your gaming sounds a bit like mine. 

The tanking bit not so much, the closest I have managed is at Bovington Tank Museum in Dorset, UK (❤️) and also one or two interesting days at Weston Super Mare 'tank days on the beach' (sadly now shut down after a Sherman engine compartment caught fire last time I was there, due it seemed to a collision with a T34 - we in the crowd were too close for Health and Safety 😁).

Anyway, happy gaming and feel free to ask any questions 👍.

15 minutes ago, ng cavscout said:

The value of hours played to dollars spent for CM is off the charts.

I only got this game last month myself. Barring some technical difficulties, I'm just blown away by it. It's so much more than a sandbox. The fact I could go in and make a map to play on or experiment with all sorts of things with these games make it more like a toy box and I swear, I feel like a kid playing around with this. And I rarely get that feeling with contemporary AAA games. 

I'm feeling it. I don't know what I'm doing half the time but I'm feeling it. 

Though I have to admit this whole thing is terrifying at first. I don't think I've ever felt my heart really sink in any game, but seeing a whole squad get obliterated while inside their Stryker definitely did me in more than once...

I'd also want to say thanks to whoever is responsible for having regional pricing on these titles. I live in a third world country so getting games  is pretty rough on me, but when I saw these games on sale I immediately bought everything up. SF2 first, then the very moment Black Sea came out I got it as well. 

2 hours ago, ng cavscout said:

The value of hours played to dollars spent for CM is off the charts. The only game I've purchased that equals the value of the CM family is ARMA2/3. The community is also fantastic. I met one of my best friends, @Joe Shaw through these forums back in 2002 or 2003.

One of? Seriously he’s quite right. The whole concept of CM blew me away when I saw a screenshot and slim description ... somewhere more than 20 years ago. It’s still very unique with the WEGO and Tac AI and dedication to accuracy. And, of course, it’s the reason for the BFC forum coming into existence which was my community for years. Mind you in those days it was BTS (Big Time Software). So many friends.

CM has been a hidden gem and its good to see that finally, there is a way for more people to find it. 

But even looking at the new blood that are getting into the game, it sure is easy to see that it takes a certain type of person to even want to play these games. 

It sure is not something that appeals to the masses.

24 minutes ago, slysniper said:

It sure is not something that appeals to the masses.

The trick is to get (them) to the point where the bullets / grenades / missiles start flying!

From then on, the retro look will be forgiven!

Best regards
Thomm