Jagdpanther schurzen?

Hey all. 

I've notice alot in wargaming in general that the jagdpanther is often modelled or shown without its schurzen , is there any chance we could see this change in combat mission? To me it just feels to naked without some with it on. 

It was a vehicle like the panzer 4 and panthers that all had it popped on at the factory. And I think it be right and proper to see it done justice. Lmao....

It's probably because most pictures of JPs after-action (i.e. abandoned or destroyed) don't have any schurzen.  Whether they started with them or not, who knows.  Most pictures (but not all) with schurzen are from the training grounds...

And we must remember - other nations made tank destroyers, which may or may not have been as good, as 'sexy', as badly out-numbered, etc. etc.

EDIT:  I'm also glad that you're LYAO, I find there's not much better than LMAO 😉.

Edited by Vacilllator

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

no, just busy fighting! lol. All vehicles would've had the schurzen equipped at the factory like everything else, is no biggy just a usual thing I find with many games that include said vehicle. 

Panther and panzer 4, stugs, brumbars. all common as dirt always have it...

even your own picture probably has it lol

Bubba

22 minutes ago, Falaise said:

it reminds me of this song where the lyrics are "see under girls' skirts"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIcvOva2dh0

Beautiful song there is a while that I listening it, "Jeux de Duc...voir sous les jupes des filles" c est tres frivolle ces paroles, on en oublie le reste yhis remind me the movie with Isabelle Adjani  "L'été meurtrier"...welcome back Stephane

JM

Edited by JM Stuff

1 minute ago, Falaise said:

Hello JM
    yes i still have some time
I will be able to come drag my gaiters here
yes beautiful song, but the message is deeper:
"but if she doesn't want to, then it must fall, the men or the wood pigeons...."

This remind me the movie with Adjani "L ete Meurtrier"

JM

On 9/27/2022 at 1:04 PM, Falaise said:

not taken in Normandy!

house shape...

moreover the vegetation is winter

east France probably

On 9/27/2022 at 7:41 PM, Warts 'n' all said:

Damn, so that puts us back to none with skirts then.

3 minutes ago, Vacillator said:

Hi JM, good to 'see' you again my friend.  And now who's going off-topic? 😬.

Back on topic ...

PanzerWrecks to the rescue, from volume 17, which has a feature on the JagdPanther wrecks of s.Pz.Jb.Abt 654 in Normandy, I give you ...

Schurzen ...

KaUetiy.jpg

Ain't she purdy.

There's another wreck in the same series of images which seems to have a whole side of schurzen but it's taken from the front so they are only just visible (didn't want to disappoint, nor have some argumentative type come along and diss her).

34 minutes ago, Lucky_Strike said:

Ain't she purdy.

She sure is Mark, great find.  Although I prefer fully functional models, without enemy soldiers sunbathing on top.

EDIT 1: I'll save you the trouble of an 'ooh-err, missus'.

EDIT 2: Am I right in thinking 654 was the unit involved in the 'famous' battle where three Jagdpanthers take out erm quite a few British tanks, subject of a CM scenario which I quite liked?  I think they dumped them afterwards so that picture may be one of them?

EDIT 3:  I can see traces of your Hedgerow Hell mod in that photo 😉.

Edited by Vacillator