Tank Hit Kills Most of Crew but They are Still Fighting It

I had a devastating turret hit to an M36 Jackson that killed 3 crewmembers.  The last 2 didn't bail but are still fighting the tank.  Not sure what is happening now.

I looked at the damage and it shows Optics and Wpn Controls knocked out.  Does that mean, run and hide or just a slowed rate of fire?  I'd hate to take my largest AT weapon out of the battle if I could still utilize him in some way.

1 hour ago, Probus said:

I had a devastating turret hit to an M36 Jackson that killed 3 crewmembers.  The last 2 didn't bail but are still fighting the tank.  Not sure what is happening now.

I looked at the damage and it shows Optics and Wpn Controls knocked out.  Does that mean, run and hide or just a slowed rate of fire?  I'd hate to take my largest AT weapon out of the battle if I could still utilize him in some way.

That means run and hide. They won't be able to operate the weapon if Wpn Controls are knocked out (at least in my experience, which is recent). 

Edited by Lethaface