Recommended video watching Thread

Its odd there are no 'speculative history' cold-war-gone-hot movies out there. Well, that 's not entirely true. But they usually involve nervous politicians sitting in underground war rooms waiting for the nuclear bombs to fall. I can't think of any 'Soviet ground army invades the West' movies. "Red Dawn" doesn't count. The premise of the US being invaded by Nicaragua(!) is too absurd to even count as 'speculative history'.

On 3/6/2021 at 8:19 PM, MikeyD said:

Its odd there are no 'speculative history' cold-war-gone-hot movies out there. Well, that 's not entirely true. But they usually involve nervous politicians sitting in underground war rooms waiting for the nuclear bombs to fall. I can't think of any 'Soviet ground army invades the West' movies. "Red Dawn" doesn't count. The premise of the US being invaded by Nicaragua(!) is too absurd to even count as 'speculative history'.

By Dawn's Early Light is a pretty good one I thought. No ground combat, but, an interesting film none the less.

and who can forget "World War III", Soviet ground forces vs US National Guard troops in Alaska.

Edited by ng cavscout
Correct 2nd movie title

10 hours ago, The_MonkeyKing said:

Haha, nope. It was listed on the website but it was later confirmed to be a copy paste error from fire and rubble.

No excuses! They've promised it and now I want USS New Jersey firing her 16in guns in my scenarios... along the Weser! 😂

• 2 weeks later...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deutschland_83

Posted in the reforger thread, but might be missed due to the Swiss invasion...

This series gives some political background and has a bit of military interest. 

Worth digging out and might be other half friendly to watch together....

😉

A win win and they won't know you are getting into the cold War groove.

Edited by Holien
dammned auto correct

On 3/31/2021 at 12:52 PM, Zergman said:

Lots of cold war training videos from UK 

! Playlist

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1201241573903DAF

Excellent playlist. Includes this gem, about terrain in the 1 BR Corps area of northern Germany. Not immediately relevant to CMSF, not yet, though I find the part about German woods helpful.

Edited by marais