Using the Pause feature

So, doesn't seem like there's a way to really make the Pause not a primary order, by which I mean:

- Pop Smoke

- (pause) wait 30secs

- then charge (or whatever)

Similarly if I wanted a unit to lay down covering fire for say 30secs then charge? Seems like the pause command is always primary; ie. every other order waits for the prescribed pause time, right?

44 minutes ago, RMM said:

Similarly if I wanted a unit to lay down covering fire for say 30secs then charge?

Pause 30 Seconds,  Target Briefly 30 Seconds,  Fast to wherever.

Pop Smoke can be odd, the engine always seems to want to defer it to the end of a list of commands, and will seem to ignore it if it's in the middle of a chain of waypoints.....Pause doesn't seem to help.

9 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Pause 30 Seconds,  Target Briefly 30 Seconds,  Fast to wherever.

Pop Smoke can be odd, the engine always seems to want to defer it to the end of a list of commands, and will seem to ignore it if it's in the middle of a chain of waypoints.....Pause doesn't seem to help.

Agreed. The only way I've found to work it, as one would in reality, is pop the smoke in the first minute and then just wait, since it takes about a min for the plume to develop anyway, then issue the 'charge' command in the next order phase. Problem being...a whole lot can happen in that minute that one is waiting!

yes, pause + smoke combination doesn't work . 

An alternative way is to have two squad, one smoke, the other pause for 30s~45s then charge.

but it is better to play it safe, wait for one min, check where the smoke grenade landed then issue fast/quick command in the next order phase . I have experienced a lot of issue that the smoke grenade landed two spots away from intended place.