A Word on Follow-on Modules

I'm guessing this will be followed by a couple of Nato modules just like the other modern games. Leo 1, Chieftain etc should be good.

After that who knows? Personally I hope the inclusion of the M60, M48 and T-55 point the way towards the 1965-75 period and the Arab-Israeli, and perhaps even Indo-Pakistani, wars. And there's WWII crossover potential with the Super Sherman!

Edited by Duckman

I'm not sure if Cold War will have future DLCs, it depends of the numbers of copies sale. I'd bet that numbers will be good, so probably we will see new addons at game. My two cents that a future DLC would be Bunderwehr vs. NVA. Another posibilities would be some NATO countries (UK, France, Canada, Holland, etc. ) vs Warsaw Pact countries (Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary ...). Even, and thinking that the full game is moving in an hypothetical stage, participation of 'far countries' (for a Central Europe conflict background) such as Italy, Spain, Portugal, Yugoslavia, or a conflict expansion until Scandinavia. In any case all this sound interesting.

3 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

I'm not sure if Cold War will have future DLCs, it depends of the numbers of copies sale.

Ummmm.....

On 2/18/2021 at 1:23 PM, Bil Hardenberger said:

As far as follow-on modules go.. yes several are planned, but what they are specifically we will keep to ourselves until after the game is released.  For now the focus must stay on the base-game for us, but feel free to conjecture and dream, I enjoy those threads, but we won't be confirming or denying anything until after this one is on the street.

16 minutes ago, Jumpete said:

I'm not sure if Cold War will have future DLCs, it depends of the numbers of copies sale. I'd bet that numbers will be good, so probably we will see new addons at game. My two cents that a future DLC would be Bunderwehr vs. NVA. Another posibilities would be some NATO countries (UK, France, Canada, Holland, etc. ) vs Warsaw Pact countries (Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary ...). Even, and thinking that the full game is moving in an hypothetical stage, participation of 'far countries' (for a Central Europe conflict background) such as Italy, Spain, Portugal, Yugoslavia, or a conflict expansion until Scandinavia. In any case all this sound interesting.

NVA? you mean north Vietnamese army? Lol, am sure of they added them it wouldn't be with the Germans but us. If you meant that. But if not than o ain't got a  scooby

8 minutes ago, ng cavscout said:

I'm looking forward to an Airborne module. Both sides had a fascinating array of airborne troops and equipment.

With all the American airborne stuck in the RDF during this time I imagine that we may have to wait for a Middle East module before we see that.

On 2/18/2021 at 9:03 AM, MikeyD said:

I recall back in my old hobby modeling days (last century) there would be these surveys asking what's the most popular military vehicle. Invariable the winner was 'not in kit form yet'. People demanded a Centurion kit - until they got a Centurion kit then interest waned. People wanted a Sturmtiger kit - until they got a Sturmtiger kit then interest waned. There's something enticing about that thing that's just beyond your reach. So there will always be fantasy module and title requests.

Kill joy!!! Lol

I’d say:

West Germany

UK

France

As far as the eastern block nations, not sure how different their kit was from each other. May not be necessary to add those nations, just adjust motivation & experience levels to simulate them. I do really like the Italian vs Yugoslav idea. 

Guest crescendo

War in Lebanon occurred in 1982, could be cool to see the IDF in combat mission for the first time :) (got the desert tiles for it too from the NTC). Falklands would be awesome too

17 hours ago, Sequoia said:

Does anyone know if the German territorial troops wore different uniforms than the regular Heer?

And yes the game won't be complete without the Luxembourg Light Infantry Battalion.  :)

Not to my knowledge if you mean the guys in the Heimatschutzbrigaden.  All the ones I met, which admittedly weren't many, looked like standard Bundeswehr dudes.

How many conflicts were there in Africa during this period? For example African (or African country) government troops with US/British/French or Soviet support in a struggle against African rebel forces with or without US/British/French or Soviet support.

Then we also have the conflicts in South and Latin America.

If nothing of that will be in a Small Conflicts Module containing different scenarios and maybe even campaigns about internal conflicts from different parts of the world the modders might have much work to do in the future.

Edited by BornGinger