U.S. Thread - CM Cold War - BETA AAR - Battle of Dolbach Heights 1980

36 minutes ago, domfluff said:

One thing that's going to be very interesting about Cold War is where it falls on that spectrum - how much it feels like late-war WW2, versus how much it feels like CMSF.

It falls in the middle. There is a unique feel to the game. yes the AT weapons have some of the late war feel, but there is also more limitations. There is some things that have more of a WWII feel in things like tanks taking time to fire and having to make more than one shot to get range. You will find it is its own beast as to how it plays and the match up between forces are much more even in many aspects than other periods.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Here, across death’s other river, the Tartar horsemen shake their spears.” T.S. Eliot   This BETA game is being played against Warren (The_Capt), and we are very familiar with each ot

First Three Minutes!  “Perception is strong and sight weak. In strategy it is important to see distant things as if they were close and to take a distanced view of close things.” A Book of F

The Twenty-Third & Twenty-Fourth Minutes – Saga of Tank Section 1 “If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.” Heinz Guderian   Tank Section 1... quite an exciting turn to wat

Posted Images

20 hours ago, MikeyD said:

The concept of hull-down has gained mythic status but at the end of the day you're still exposed. I recall playing with a hull-down M150 TOW vehicle. A sabot round sailed over the vehicle and launcher but, judging by the tracer trajectory and the '+' casualty icon, it took the gunner's head clean off. See attached. this is a common sight playing with M60A2.

hull down.jpg

That's gotta hurt....Ouch

5 hours ago, domfluff said:

The LOS tool (as in, the Target line, as well as the Hull Down command) uses a pre-calculated grid of different heights, which is generated when the map is created.

Good background, domfluff. I never knew that. Are you speculating, or was that information discussed at some point by BFC? Just curious.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 1:54 AM, Bil Hardenberger said:

In case you missed it.. I put a Table of Contents in the original post.  Should help you orient and check if any new AAR posts have been posted.

Bil

This AAR made me decide to pre-order (couple of days ago). Great job. Thanks for making it to the both of you.

Edited by Aragorn2002